IGNORED

Flashcard solution for Apple II?

wood_jl

very cool, I just google adtpro also and I am beginning to see the light. thank you :)

where are the game servers located? someone mentioned an ftp? I am mainly just interested in the IIGS. I have been stumped as to how I transfer disc images of games to an actual floppy. I even tried to do it with one of my older macs but could not get it to work.

thanks to BOTH of you. I hit reply before I saw cebus chime in!! thanks for the links

Edited by Mark Wolfe

ha! just found one of my favs:

Uninvited.zip

so how do I put this on floppy? the serial connection method can not play disk images right? most of the games I want to play are on disk images, or did I miss something. [i still have to pour over the links and vids posted]

edit: oh man this opened a whole can o' worms... now I gotta go dig up my IIGS rig from storage... hehe

Edited by Mark Wolfe

You use the serial cable method with ADTPro to make a game disk from the image.

It's the "Apple Game Server" (which is also serial) that you don't make disks, you just play, so it's not what you are looking for.

desiv

Edited by desiv

BTW: if you are looking to play classic games using the CFFA3000, don't count on too many of the game disk images working on this thing. most won't run.

Really? How so? Seems like a perfect solution so far. Could always be wrong though. ;)

regarding making the floppies... was reading what you guys posted and I understand now... wow, can't believe I did not know about this,

regarding the CFFA3000, I may be mistaken. I wrote the guy who made the MicroDrive and I reread what he told me just now and he did mention the CFFA may do what we want. best to ask the guy who makes it before you buy it. the problem lies in the games [i was referring to IIGSin the conversation] that require the disk to run and a bunch of other technical stuff I didn't quite follow but maybe it does work. if so, that would be awesome. we need to be sure just copying the contents of the disk images to the "hard drive" will work, unless the CFFA has some sort of floppy emulation? I didn't think it had that though.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

unless the CFFA has some sort of floppy emulation? I didn't think it had that though.

Yes, as far as I can see the new CFFA has direct floppy emulation, which has been lacking in every single effort so far.

wow, ok that changes everything. about freakin' time man.

unless the CFFA has some sort of floppy emulation? I didn't think it had that though.

Yes, as far as I can see the new CFFA has direct floppy emulation, which has been lacking in every single effort so far.

That's my understanding too, and why I can't WAIT. :)

There's a video on youtube demonstrating it from Kansasfest. Of course I now can't find it. Boooooooo

~telengard

Edited by telengard

ADTPro is what I use on my IIe (via ethernet using my Uther card). It works 99% of the time, but there are some bad disk images out there that don't seem to want to work no matter what I do. There are also a handful of games that are only in .nib or .po format rather than .dsk. Still I must have transferred over 200 disks at this point and I've never been happier. To me having the physical disk is much more convenient than using a CF card and pawing through file lists.

Tempest

• 4 weeks later...

The website says Run #1 is sold out. I figure if he's calling it run #1 there might be a #2 if you missed out.

I'm guessing there will be more than a couple runs with all the Apple fans out there.

I managed to get in on the first run. Can't wait to get the CFFA3000, along with the remote and cable, to plug into my GS. Then with the ability to run .nib, .dsk, .po and most other disk images I won't need to worry so much about transferring images back to real disks.

magnus