IGNORED

Is Steamroller any good on Colecovision

Rev

All reports from websites I saw said the game was awesome.

Just an FYI though since I am guessing you saw this on the IntellivisionLives site.

I purchased on March 11 and am still waiting for mine.

They are not pre-made copies. When they get an order they need to make it and then you are subject to them having to do other things or not finding someone to make the cart for a while.

I purchased on March 11 and am still waiting for mine.

They are not pre-made copies. When they get an order they need to make it and then you are subject to them having to do other things or not finding someone to make the cart for a while.

Yes, I purchased mine back when they first went on sale and it took a while to get it (4-6 weeks).

Hey Rev, I'd definitely get it. Also get yourself signed up for Opcode's newsletter, as well as Retroillucid and Team Pixelboy's websites for more homebrew goodness.

Lots of new games for CV in 2010. Do you have a functioning CV? If not look at Yurkie's offer for refurbished and AV modded CV's and his upgraded controllers as well.

The controllers make a lot of difference.

Cheers.

i am on the prowl for a boxed colecovision right now,any one have one?

Rev, I think Yurkie's AV modded one comes with a box and inserts. Check it out. I bought two CV's with modded controllers from him and they both work fantastic.

Rev, I think Yurkie's AV modded one comes with a box and inserts. Check it out. I bought two CV's with modded controllers from him and they both work fantastic.

he did pm me about the mod,i will pm him back again and see what he has!

By the way, talking about those other sites of homebrewers reminded me

that the IntellivisionLives guys are the ones that have the finished Masters of the Universe game for Colecovision.

I talked to them and they said they have tried multiple times to get Mattel to give them the rights to redistribute it but Mattel says they are thinking of reintroducing He-Man and feel that these classic games would look poorly on them being of poor quality to today's standards.

I think we need to organize some kind of campaign to get Mattel to forget about this ridiculous stance.

Even if for some stupid reason it was a true, who is ever going to see these old games except collectors who would love them.

Dan

By the way, talking about those other sites of homebrewers reminded me

that the IntellivisionLives guys are the ones that have the finished Masters of the Universe game for Colecovision.

I talked to them and they said they have tried multiple times to get Mattel to give them the rights to redistribute it but Mattel says they are thinking of reintroducing He-Man and feel that these classic games would look poorly on them being of poor quality to today's standards.

I think we need to organize some kind of campaign to get Mattel to forget about this ridiculous stance.

Even if for some stupid reason it was a true, who is ever going to see these old games except collectors who would love them.

Dan

Their logic kills me. They're worried about how a "new" classic game would reflect badly on their He-Man product?? What about the version that's already out??? Are consumers not smart enough to recognize it for what it is? (Wait, don't answer that.icon_smile.gif )

Especially since, as you point out, the only people that are going to see it are CV enthusiasts who would be pumped to see it released after all these years. I get the issue of protecting your brand, but come on. That's it, I'm going to stop buying my son Barbies!!! Errr, I mean some other toy that Mattel still makes that is for 5 yr old boys.icon_mrgreen.gif

he did pm me about the mod,i will pm him back again and see what he has!

Did you order your Steamroller yet? I went and pulled mine out yesterday and played for a while, it is a fun game.