IGNORED

Let's plan how we are going to organize the NES HSC from now on...

CGQuarterly

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the "season" format with aggregating scores?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you rather ditch the current format and just go week-to-week?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How many weeks would you prefer to spend playing each game?

• 1 month

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I ADDED A POLL TO THE OP. PLEASE VOTE!

OK, here's a list of 10 that I pulled out of everyone's suggestions. We can do more than that. Do you guys even care about separating things into "seasons"? I don't really see the point, so as far as I'm concerned we can just make it a continuous thing. I would like to hear people's input about the format, how games are chosen, etc. I'll do whatever we can all agree on.

Here's the list (in no order)

Mario Bros.

Life Force

Bubble Bobble

Ice Climber

Elevator Action

Contra (no code!!)

Tetris

Defender II

Galaga

Gun.Smoke

Thoughts?

Chris

Edited by Jibbajaba

I've never been consistent at participating in these things, but I'll suggest something anyway:

I'd run each game for 10 days, starting a new one each friday. This way there are 2 games active every weekend, but still a new game each week.

If you want to get risky, it might be fun (or just chaotic) to run many games at once. They did something like that for a 2600 Olympics game contest a long time ago. For this to work, there needs to be some good charting that makes it easy for everyone to see how they're doing in each game so far.

This format gives everybody lots of options of what they feel like playing that day, and you can have all results posted in the same thread if you want to make it more lively.

Edited by gdement

• 2 weeks later...

Well, NES should be a "once a week" for each game, because there's 80 zillion games to choose from and everyone owns different games for NES... so by doing a new game once a week, this might keep people looking back at the forum even if they sit out one of the rare game rounds, rather then not seeing any game they own for three weeks and then not returning. :ponder:

emulators work, but they can be a pain to set up.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How about some Ninja Gaiden games, or maybe some horrible games that the AVGN reviewed on like Super Pitfall. I'll be glad to help run this.

Maybe you could use some scoring aspects of non scoring games like the quickest to save the dam in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

There's a lot of original ideas.

Look at a video contest I ran on Nintendo-Daily http://www.nintendonerds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2936

How about some Ninja Gaiden games, or maybe some horrible games that the AVGN reviewed on like Super Pitfall. I'll be glad to help run this.

I think the point of a HSC is to have fun, not torture yourselves. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I think it might be interesting enough to play one bad game... American Gladiators, anyone?

Super Pitfall might be interesting. I was unlucky enough to own that game back in the day. I think that more people would be willing to give that one a go than something like American Gladiators.

Since this topic seems to be getting more attention, I'll try to get the next season started this week.

Chris

• 2 months later...