8 members have voted

1. 1. See post 1 for Game Listing Per Each Series

• Galaxian
    • Mario
    • Mr. Do!
    • Space Invaders
    • Eagle

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Alright so the "series" format won by having 2 votes cast so let's move on to your nominations for a series of games to play that weekend. You should be thinking of a series of about 5-7 games. You can also include hacks/variants.

Note: Pac-Man is not eligible - we already did that for Easter weekend...

Here's what we have so far:

Below are the nominees for the HSC Memorial Day Weekend Tournament based on a "video game series" criteria. There will one "mystery game" added to the tourney which I will not practice on prior to the tournament. Additionally, this particular mystery game I have not played for at least 20 years.

The tourney will begin Thursday, May 27th at 5PM EDT and conclude Wednesday, June 2nd at 5AM EDT.

There will be a Flag Day Tourney beginning Thursday, June 10th at 5PM EDT and concluding Wednesday, June 16th at 5AM EDT. That tourney will consist of one game from each of the four series below that were not selected to be in the Memorial Day weekend tourney. Games will be selected by the 1st and 2nd place finishers in the Easter Weekend PacTacular (rmaerz and Darthkur) and the 1st and 2nd place finishers in the Memorial Day weekend tourney. The selections will be made by four unique participants so therefore we will move to 3rd place finisher in Easter Weekend PacTacular, 3rd place finisher in Memorial Day Weekend tourney, 4th place in Easter Weekend PacTacular and so forth.

The Flag Day tourney may also contain 1-3 additional mystery games or games voted on by the participants.

The nominees:

Galaxian

Galaxian, Galaga, Galaga 3, Galaga 88, Galaxian Part 4, Galaxian Part X, Galaga Arrangement (Namco Classics Collection 1)

Mario

Radarscope, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3, Crazy Kong, Mario Bros., VS Super Mario Bros.

Mr. Do!

Mr. Do!, Mr. Do's Castle, Mr. Do's Wild Ride, Mr. Do vs Unicorns,

Do! Run Run, Neo Mr. Do!

Space Invaders

Space Invaders, Space Invaders II, Space Invaders Part II, Return Of The Invaders, Super Space Invaders '91, Space Invaders '95, Space Invaders DX

Eagle

Eagle, Moon Cresta, Terra Cresta, Dangar - Ufo Robo, Terra Force

Edited by rmaerz

Mr. Do or Space Invaders series.

Mr. Do!

Mr. Do!, Mr. Do's Castle, Mr. Do's Wild Ride, Mr. Do vs Unicorns,

Do! Run Run, Neo Mr. Do!

Space Invaders

Space Invaders, Space Invaders II, Space Invaders Part II, Return Of The Invaders, Super Space Invaders '91, Space Invaders '95, Space Invaders DX

(notice I left out Super Mario as that game takes to long to play - we do have barbecues to attend)

Not Vs. Super Mario Brothers. That game is REALLY hard and I bet most people would be dead by the time they reach World 3.

(notice I left out Super Mario as that game takes to long to play - we do have barbecues to attend)

Not Vs. Super Mario Brothers. That game is REALLY hard and I bet most people would be dead by the time they reach World 3.

If there is a "difficulty" dip switch for Vs. SMB that we can kick up to the hardest level that would be an option as well.

On that note, I hope players are noting the dip switch settings posted week-to-week because they are not always "default-out-of-box" as is with Mario Bros. this week and a few others prior. I try to standardize to Twin Galaxies' settings so that while you're playing it you may as well make a record run as well.

If there is a "difficulty" dip switch for Vs. SMB that we can kick up to the hardest level that would be an option as well.

On that note, I hope players are noting the dip switch settings posted week-to-week because they are not always "default-out-of-box" as is with Mario Bros. this week and a few others prior. I try to standardize to Twin Galaxies' settings so that while you're playing it you may as well make a record run as well.

The game's level is a mix of levels from the first and second ones in Japan, except some of the power ups have been moved and even taken out. Also, the timer moves REALLY fast, even on normal timer speed. Let's put it this way, I'm a really good Super Mario Brothers player and on the first level, I barely make it to the time limit. THAT's how hard it is. Although, there IS an option to make the timer FASTER, but that would make it damn near impossible.

Raiden series -

Raiden

Raiden Fighters

Raiden Fighters 2

Raiden Fighters Jet

Strikers 1945 series -

Strikers 1945

Strikers 1945 II

Strikers 1945 III

Strikers 1945 Plus

We need one more game for each series to qualify...are there any variants/hacks?

Raiden series -

Raiden

Raiden Fighters

Raiden Fighters 2

Raiden Fighters Jet

Strikers 1945 series -

Strikers 1945

Strikers 1945 II

Strikers 1945 III

Strikers 1945 Plus

We need one more game for each series to qualify...are there any variants/hacks?

There's Raiden 2 and Raiden DX, but i can't get them to play on MAME32. It says it's a bad dump. no good dump known.

I'm not sure about other variants/hacks. Maybe someone else that knows more about these series can let us know. :)

There's Raiden 2 and Raiden DX, but i can't get them to play on MAME32. It says it's a bad dump. no good dump known.

I'm not sure about other variants/hacks. Maybe someone else that knows more about these series can let us know. :)

I couldn't get them to work either...

capcom vs series

marvell vs capcom

marvel vs street fighter

xmen vs street fighter

street fighter series

sf2 and iterations

sf3

sf3 2nd impact

sf3 3rd strike

darkstalkers series

darkstalkers/vampire