Photo

If the Powerpak will work on an NES emulator, it will work on an NOAC clone

350 replies to this topic

Poll: If the Powerpak will work on an NES emulator, it will work on an NOAC clone (31 member(s) have cast votes)

If the PowerPak could work on a PC NES emulator, will it also work on a compatable NES NOAC clone?

1. Yes (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

2. No (28 votes [90.32%])

Percentage of vote: 90.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#226 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 20,921 posts

Posted Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 PM

You're not thinking fourth-dimensionally.

It works the same way that plot devices function in Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure. You need cash? Just remind yourself in the future to send yourself back some. Given that the project leads to creation of the most popular gaming accessory of the 21st century, a mere few thousand dollars is next to nothing. Unfortunately, since the accessory effectively put all software developers out of work and marked the beginning of the collapse of worldwide economics, currency of the future is also worth nothing.

Indeed...the meek inherited the Earth.

#227 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Mon May 10, 2010 6:49 PM

Indeed...the geek inherited the Earth.

Fixed that for ya.

#228 tokumaru OFFLINE  

tokumaru

Chopper Commander

• 200 posts

Posted Mon May 10, 2010 7:04 PM

2600 or NES? I got an emulator.

Everyone's got an emulator.

#229 Joe_Cracker OFFLINE  

Joe_Cracker

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted Mon May 10, 2010 11:00 PM

You're not thinking fourth-dimensionally.

It works the same way that plot devices function in Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure. You need cash? Just remind yourself in the future to send yourself back some. Given that the project leads to creation of the most popular gaming accessory of the 21st century, a mere few thousand dollars is next to nothing. Unfortunately, since the accessory effectively put all software developers out of work and marked the beginning of the collapse of worldwide economics, currency of the future is also worth nothing.

Indeed...the meek inherited the Earth.

What the hell have you been smokin?

#230 goldenegg OFFLINE  

goldenegg

Stargunner

• 1,489 posts

Posted Mon May 10, 2010 11:11 PM

What the hell have you been smokin?

I'm thinking that's a question we should be asking you.

#231 Petruza OFFLINE  

Petruza

Space Invader

• 17 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 12:42 AM

...The 3K isn't a sale price, it's salary...

A monthly salary? I'll do it. What are your project deadlines?

...I think he might be on to something so I think we should work with this guy. I'll try to get in contact with him... ( creator of cc65 )

Oh please DO contact him, and then quote his reply in this thread, it would be epic.

...I already looked at it, it doesn't meet my specifications. CC65 in it's current state is not the type of software that I am after...

Its current state? what state do you think it's going to?
It's a C compiler, I guess it won't go anywhere from that. Compiling C code.

Notes:
"its" refers to "something owned or related to 'it'"
"it's" means "it is"
"there" refers to a spatial location
"their" refers to something owned or related to "them"
"they're" means "they are"
All of the above are different words or phrases.

I don't like grammar trolls on forums, but your grammar is really an eyesore.
But it's like you said in one of your videos, if your school used a NES to teach you, you would have studied, entered into college, got laid, and learned how to spell!

Edited by Petruza, Tue May 11, 2010 12:44 AM.

#232 Trooper OFFLINE  

Trooper

Dragonstomper

• 979 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 5:32 AM

GOD I LOVE THIS THREAD!! :D

#233 Joe_Cracker OFFLINE  

Joe_Cracker

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 10:20 AM

...The 3K isn't a sale price, it's salary...

A monthly salary? I'll do it. What are your project deadlines?

It's not a monthly salary, it's not an yearly salary either. It's just "payment on delivery".

I think that since I am not getting any donations, I'm willing to work with anyone who knows something about making a 2600 game and can do it in under a few weeks.

Now what is easier, making a 2600 game or making some souped up peace of software that helps you make the games? Because we'll do the easy thing first.

Edited by Joe_Cracker, Tue May 11, 2010 10:21 AM.

#234 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 20,921 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 AM

The latter has already been done. :ponder:

But what do either of those have to do with NES programming?

Edited by Nukey Shay, Tue May 11, 2010 10:30 AM.

#235 godslabrat OFFLINE  

godslabrat

River Patroller

• 2,867 posts
  • I took the midnight train going a-ny-where...

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 10:31 AM

Will pay $3,000 to the one who delivers my software. $1,000 for the 0.1 beta of V26-78 Rom Maker, $1,000 to get started on the 0.1 beta for NES Rom Maker, $1,000 when the 0.1 beta for NES Rom Maker is ready.

With what money? Last week you said you were unemployed and didn't have a dime in project donations.

Well, when the programmer gets his or her first $1,000 for the 0.1 beta of V26-78 Rom Maker, there suppose to get started on the 0.1 beta for NES Rom Maker, and while there doing that. Myself and a select few would be the first to take the 0.1 beta and make the first wave of games from it and then we send out the 0.1 beta as freeware for the rest of you guys to try out for yourselfs, it would surely bet the hell out of pushing in a bunch of random numbers all the time.

With my best guess, a single 2600 homebrew developer could come up with like 3 or 4 variations of Pong within a year, to my specifications, that same homebrew developer could come up with 25 or 50 variations of Pong within 6 months. That's alot of game time isn't it?

The first $1,000 is suppose to come from donations, the next $1,000 would come from both donations and sales of the titles that I have developed and sold on atariage's online store.

And how do you plan to guarantee payment in the event the sales/donations don't pan out as expected? You do realize you've just legally obligated yourself to anyone who delivers a product even vaguely resembling your proposal. If you aren't prepared to write a check, you'd better be able to say "small claims court".

#236 Joe_Cracker OFFLINE  

Joe_Cracker

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 10:48 AM

Will pay $3,000 to the one who delivers my software. $1,000 for the 0.1 beta of V26-78 Rom Maker, $1,000 to get started on the 0.1 beta for NES Rom Maker, $1,000 when the 0.1 beta for NES Rom Maker is ready.

With what money? Last week you said you were unemployed and didn't have a dime in project donations.

Well, when the programmer gets his or her first $1,000 for the 0.1 beta of V26-78 Rom Maker, there suppose to get started on the 0.1 beta for NES Rom Maker, and while there doing that. Myself and a select few would be the first to take the 0.1 beta and make the first wave of games from it and then we send out the 0.1 beta as freeware for the rest of you guys to try out for yourselfs, it would surely bet the hell out of pushing in a bunch of random numbers all the time.

With my best guess, a single 2600 homebrew developer could come up with like 3 or 4 variations of Pong within a year, to my specifications, that same homebrew developer could come up with 25 or 50 variations of Pong within 6 months. That's alot of game time isn't it?

The first $1,000 is suppose to come from donations, the next $1,000 would come from both donations and sales of the titles that I have developed and sold on atariage's online store.

And how do you plan to guarantee payment in the event the sales/donations don't pan out as expected? You do realize you've just legally obligated yourself to anyone who delivers a product even vaguely resembling your proposal. If you aren't prepared to write a check, you'd better be able to say "small claims court".

I would only have to pay out the guy if I wanted him to get started on NES Rom Maker, I would have to be satisfied with the product. That's why I'm asking for someone else to step up and help me make a 2600 title that can be sold on atariage's online store here. There could be more then one peace of completed software poping up being called V26-78 Rom Maker, does that mean I have to pay every single one of them? NO!!

I've already got 3 titles lined up, each planned for the 2600. I was hoping to use the 0.1 beta of V26-78 Rom Maker to get them done.

Edited by Joe_Cracker, Tue May 11, 2010 11:04 AM.

#237 Cebus Capucinis OFFLINE  

Cebus Capucinis

Jolly Retard

• 7,941 posts
  • Wiseass Extraordinaire

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 10:49 AM

I love how you keep constantly asking everyone else to make something and do ALL the work while you do absolutely nothing whatsoever yet somehow get all the money you plan on making.

Yeah, I'm going to bust my ass for weeks to make a 2600 homebrew just so it can be sold in the AA store so YOU can get the money. :roll:

#238 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 10:51 AM

I think that since I am not getting any donations, I'm willing to work with anyone who knows something about making a 2600 game and can do it in under a few weeks.

Now what is easier, making a 2600 game or making some souped up peace of software that helps you make the games? Because we'll do the easy thing first.

Why should anybody cut a deal with you when you don't provide anything for the project? Are you helping with the coding? No! Are you helping with the game artwork? No! Are you helping with cart manufacture? No! Are you making the cart label? No! Are you making the tea and biscuits? No! Do homebrew programmers need a manager? No! See...

Exactly how many carts will you need to make to pay the programmer for his own work?

#239 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 20,921 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 10:59 AM

Outcome D is ensured by the assumption that A is correct divided by B is interested minus C that fall prey to Nigerian banking scams, purchasing the Brooklyn bridge, etc. It's fantastic on paper, but has yet to be proven in business...since C would rather remain anonymous.

It seems to me that if you have rain dance, wouldn't you need rain dance practice? Maybe some dancers were late, some didn't pay attention...
If it doesn't rain during practice, how do you know if you are doing it right?
And if it DOES rain, why bother with the goddamn dance in the first place?
Need a little rain? Call practice.

#240 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 11:09 AM

I love how you keep constantly asking everyone else to make something and do ALL the work while you do absolutely nothing whatsoever yet somehow get all the money you plan on making.

Yeah, I'm going to bust my ass for weeks to make a 2600 homebrew just so it can be sold in the AA store so YOU can get the money. :roll:

:lolblue: Great minds think alike.

#241 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 11:12 AM

I've already got 3 titles lined up, each planned for the 2600. I was hoping to use the 0.1 beta of V26-78 Rom Maker to get them done.

How many pixels across is the player sprite, how many colours is it and how many sprites on screen at once?

#242 godslabrat OFFLINE  

godslabrat

River Patroller

• 2,867 posts
  • I took the midnight train going a-ny-where...

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 11:33 AM

I would only have to pay out the guy if I wanted him to get started on NES Rom Maker, I would have to be satisfied with the product. That's why I'm asking for someone else to step up and help me make a 2600 title that can be sold on atariage's online store here. There could be more then one peace of completed software poping up being called V26-78 Rom Maker, does that mean I have to pay every single one of them? NO!!

In a turn of events that should surprise no one, your knowledge on contract law is as poor as your knowledge of NES software or basic economics. In saying that you would pay $x for item Y, you created what is called a unilateral contract. I know you don't understand that, and there's no way you'd actually do something for yourself and look it up, but it basically means that when someone delivers your item, you pay. End of story. Since you listed only the vaugest of project requirements, you don't get to scrutinize the results. Someone delivers, and you pay... And no one gives a crap if you have the money.

Ths is yet one more area in which it's obvious you are unprepaered to deal with a project of this magnitude. No one who actually knows what they're doing would touch this project.

#243 Joe_Cracker OFFLINE  

Joe_Cracker

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 12:03 PM

Why should anybody cut a deal with you when you don't provide anything for the project? Are you helping with the coding? No! Are you helping with the game artwork? No! Are you helping with cart manufacture? No! Are you making the cart label? No! Are you making the tea and biscuits? No! Do homebrew programmers need a manager? No! See...

Exactly how many carts will you need to make to pay the programmer for his own work?

Q: Why should anybody cut a deal with you when you don't provide anything for the project?
A: This is completely different, I can provide for this.

Q: Are you helping with the coding?
A: Not unless you teach me some basic steps.

Q: Are you helping with the game artwork?
A: The artwork is going to be more easier then the coding. YES! I might end up doing 80% of it. Not only do I know what I want the game to be about, I also know what I want the game to look like. I'm also designing the cover art as well, I'm working on template that would be used for all three.

Q: Do homebrew programmers need a manager?
A: I too would say no. I don't see any homebrew programmers here asking people to be there managers.

#244 ApolloBoy OFFLINE  

ApolloBoy

Quadrunner

• 5,257 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 2:41 PM

Q: Why should anybody cut a deal with you when you don't provide anything for the project?
A: This is completely different, I can provide for this.

And yet you've shown nothing except some rather ignorant ideas...

Some things you need to learn on your own. Coding is one of them. I've got some game ideas floating around in my head too, but those don't mean anything unless you take the first step and learn to code.

A: The artwork is going to be more easier then the coding. YES! I might end up doing 80% of it. Not only do I know what I want the game to be about, I also know what I want the game to look like. I'm also designing the cover art as well, I'm working on template that would be used for all three.

Then why haven't you shown us anything?

Q: Do homebrew programmers need a manager?
A: I too would say no. I don't see any homebrew programmers here asking people to be there managers.

Because they don't need one.

#245 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 3:01 PM

There's absolutely no chance of that given the fact that you've taken NOTHING on board from my responses in this thread.

So in the last few weeks you've become a fantastic pixel artist? :roll: Why were you asking for artwork donations to the t-shirt project if that's the case?

You still haven't answered my other questions :-

1) How many homebrew titles do you expect to sell?

2) In your games, how many pixels across is the player and in how many colours. How many sprites on screen in total?

#246 Mirage OFFLINE  

Mirage

Quadrunner

• 6,600 posts
  • Have a problem? Hire the Envious Snakes!

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 3:32 PM

Posted Image

#247 Cebus Capucinis OFFLINE  

Cebus Capucinis

Jolly Retard

• 7,941 posts
  • Wiseass Extraordinaire

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 3:36 PM

My God, it's like the piece of popcorn flies out of her hand and gets sucked into her mouth...either that or she's violently pushing it in the corner.

#248 Joe_Cracker OFFLINE  

Joe_Cracker

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 3:41 PM

Because NES artwork is more complex then 2600 artwork.

Q: How many homebrew titles do you expect to sell?
A: If your talking about the number of units, I can't give you a number at this point. I do have 3 in a planning stage.

Q: In your games, how many pixels across is the player and in how many colours. How many sprites on screen in total?
A: Well, all I know is that I'm going to do the artwork. The resolution that I will be working at will be 160x144 which is the same as both the Game Boy and the Game Gear and is somewhat less then the 2600's 160x172. The idea behind that is to someday port these 3 titles to one of the two handheld systems. In most cases I'm going to do full size images and it will be up to my partner in crime to split them up into sprites because all 3 of them are being simplified in that manner.

If you want to see what I got, you need to swear to secretory when you send me a private message. There will be a contract with an escape clause if you want to pull out, you'll be signed to work with me on all three titles.

Well, that girl could go on forever. I know she has enough popcorn, this thread has no end in sight. Makes me want some popcorn. I'm gonna go pop me some right now.

Edited by Joe_Cracker, Tue May 11, 2010 3:43 PM.

#249 Annihilus OFFLINE  

Annihilus

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 3:50 PM

If you want to see what I got, you need to swear to secretory when you send me a private message. There will be a contract with an escape clause if you want to pull out, you'll be signed to work with me on all three titles.

Despite my already finished NES and V26-78 Rom Makers, and my legal threats for you to cease and desist your project, you have me convinced, and I want to help. PM me your art and I'll convert it, and show it to you. I swear to secretory your work is safe with me.

#250 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 3:58 PM

Q: How many homebrew titles do you expect to sell?
A: If your talking about the number of units, I can't give you a number at this point. I do have 3 in a planning stage.

I want to know how many units you think that you'll sell? Come on you must have some idea.

Q: In your games, how many pixels across is the player and in how many colours. How many sprites on screen in total?
A: Well, all I know is that I'm going to do the artwork. The resolution that I will be working at will be 160x144 which is the same as both the Game Boy and the Game Gear and is somewhat less then the 2600's 160x172.

I didn't ask the resolution I asked about the size of the sprites, their colours and how many. Why are you using such a small area for displaying information on the VCS?

The idea behind that is to someday port these 3 titles to one of the two handheld systems. In most cases I'm going to do full size images and it will be up to my partner in crime to split them up into sprites because all 3 of them are being simplified in that manner.

That's a very poor design document you got there. As a game designer you should know what the hardware can do.

Nope! You completely missed a vital part of my previous reply. I'll increase the font size so it makes it clear :-

There's absolutely no chance of that given the fact that you've taken NOTHING on board from my responses in this thread.

Clear now?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users