IGNORED

If the Powerpak will work on an NES emulator, it will work on an NOAC clone

Joe_Cracker

35 members have voted

1. 1. If the PowerPak could work on a PC NES emulator, will it also work on a compatable NES NOAC clone?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'd give it 12 months rule out both software and hardware issues with the powerpak being incompatible with the TriStar/Super8 then this is what I'll do for hardware. The clone will have built in features to play roms with the boot A chip in the console and the boot B chip contained in an NES game cart. Since the thing is designed to have USB, you would load the roms from your USB flash drive, emulator could be in either the gamecart or on the flashdrive. Knowing that normal clones go for as low as $29.99 to like $59.99 this one is now estimated to have a price tag of $129.99 and for someone who just wants to play a homebrew rom on their TV that is a pretty big amount.

Your donations are not going toward any hardware project, it's only going toward a software project. My royalties from game cart sales from either this site or Retrousb.com will go toward hardware and further development on NES Rom Maker and V26-78 Rom Maker.

This is why I know you're trolling instead of just plain stupid. If you were merely stupid, you'd be right once in a while.

• Like 1

I'd give it 12 months rule out both software and hardware issues with the powerpak being incompatible with the TriStar/Super8 then this is what I'll do for hardware. The clone will have built in features to play roms with the boot A chip in the console and the boot B chip contained in an NES game cart. Since the thing is designed to have USB, you would load the roms from your USB flash drive, emulator could be in either the gamecart or on the flashdrive. Knowing that normal clones go for as low as $29.99 to like $59.99 this one is now estimated to have a price tag of $129.99 and for someone who just wants to play a homebrew rom on their TV that is a pretty big amount.

Your donations are not going toward any hardware project, it's only going toward a software project. My royalties from game cart sales from either this site or Retrousb.com will go toward hardware and further development on NES Rom Maker and V26-78 Rom Maker.

Not to save your life!

post-19641-127292429076_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

JUST A LITTLE BIT FURTHER CORBY.....JUST A LITTLE BIT FURTHER....then we can all see your credit card #s.....Cebus needs a new car....... :rolling:

post-19641-127292398788_thumb.jpg

HEY! MOVE YOUR FINGER!!!!! :D :rolling:

LMAO... :P

• Like 1

Joe_Crackaddict, your use of the written english language is so awful it hurts my eyes, even I that live in the most southern country of South America can't stand it!

Anyway, about your project and its funding, I swear by god I'll donate your first 10 bucks if you upload a video to YouTube with you saying this exact words: "Aguante Petruza. Soy un gordo puto del orto y me la como doblada, playerz!" and making all those gangsta gestures and your creepy laugh.

I'm serious, I have my Mastercard waiting.

• Like 2

Joe_Crackaddict, your use of the written english language is so awful it hurts my eyes

It's true Joe. Even people like Petruza and I, who are not native english speakers (I live in Brazil, so my primary language is portuguese), pay more attention to english grammar and spelling than you do. And apparently you are a native english speaker, although you have an accent I can't properly identify.

If you expect to ever get donations, you have to fix all the text in your pages, because they don't look professional at all when they are full of mistakes (and I'm not even talking about technical mistakes here - your understanding of the NES mappers looks pretty bad!). When possible investors see that you can't even master your own language, how will they trust you with more complicated things like software and hardware engineering projects? For God's sake, at least put your text through a spell checker to get rid of the most obvious mistakes.

Edited by tokumaru
  • Like 2

Out of curiosity, Joe_Cracker: how old are you and what do you do for a living?

I'm 26, unemployed, and an amateur filmmaker.

Well, I do know about the mappers is that they where actually these expansion chips inside the NES game carts themselves that expanded the capabilities of what was possible on the NES with just it's 6502 chip alone.

Edited by Joe_Cracker

I'm 26, unemployed, and an amateur filmmaker.

Hey Joe, you should consider my proposition for a donation, making custom videos by request could be a good way to raise donations for the NES Rom maker.

Please don't encourage him :ponder:

• Like 1

Hey wait, don't be so hard on this guy, his project is actually feasible.

Maybe not right now, but if you wait a couple of years, the Large Hadron Collider would have taught us how the universe was invented, and neurological science will be advanced enough, so you could combine both technologies and make a device that would suck the game ideas from our brains and spit a NES cartridge.

An even better approach is to solve the skasas paradigm, so you can cut out the middleman and go directly to creation of whatever you choose. Plus, you get french fries.

• Like 1

I do know about the mappers is that they where actually these expansion chips inside the NES game carts themselves that expanded the capabilities of what was possible on the NES

Yes, they can expand the capabilities of the NES, but within reasonable limits imposed by what signals are present on the cart connector. You can't magically turn a NES into a Master System with a mapper, like you claim in your page. Even if you put an entire SMS inside a cart and use the NES just for input and output (essentially what the Super Gameboy does on the SNES), you can't get the NES to display 4bpp tiles, or use the Master System's colors.

with just it's 6502 chip alone.

You seem to think that the 6502 is the heart of the NES... Well, the APU (which is part of the CPU chip) and the PPU are the heart of the NES, the 6502 is just a common processor that's pretty easy to find or clone.

• Like 1

Just because you have an idea in your head doesn't mean it's actually feasible. I can imagine many things, like a device I can strap to my ass that will turn my shit in to money. Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen.

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read!! HA HA!!! I almost spat my drink on the 'puter. If anybody ever begins to develop such a machine, I'm down for a pre-order. I've already tried selling it [turds] and had no takers. :lolblue:

Edited by wood_jl
  • Like 2

The NES shows the most flexibility in this field but others such as the Atari 2600, it would have to lie in the hardware. I don't even see how you could produce Red/Blue 3D images on an old 2600.

128 colors, man! Whaddya mean no reds and blues - how many do ya need?

[just realized how many days behind I am on this thread - apologies]

• Like 1

Wow...this thread has been going under my radar.

Everybody lighten up a bit; there's people on this board that also think Atari's going to create a revolutionary new console, re-enter the market, and recapture the glory days. It's about as likely as this thing.

There probably will be similar devices one day in the future. All we have to do is wait 1000 years for it to happen. I mean, if you could whip up the "Master Control Program" from the Tron movie, he could probably make the ROM maker-thingie. Or, I suppose it would be easier to just build a "Data" (Star Trek character) and assign him to make games.

• Like 1

This nearly made me spew coffee on my laptop. Homemade face palm! Hilarious!

Well that's cool, what I do know is simple. The rom files between one console to another are not the same but our source files would have to be in the same format. Timing would be based on the NTSC and PAL standards that are used in each console. Timing will be figured out before a feature is put in that allows you to port on your project from it's intended console to another like say you started it as an NES project and now you want to make it an SNES or Genesis/Mega Drive project. You don't want the thing to be too fast or too slow, you want it just right every time.

Edited by Joe_Cracker