IGNORED

Send Chickybaby to CGE!

Albert

Amount Raised: $1538.00

Total Games Sold: 50

Donations: 14

Chickybaby has been a member on AtariAge for over seven years now, having joined at the beginning of 2003. In that time she's accumulated over 5,600 posts and made many friends on AtariAge. She's also been a moderator here for some time, spending a significant amount of her own free time resolving issues in the forums as they come up and helping make the site a better experience for everyone who visits.

Unfortunately, life hasn't been very kind to Chickybaby and she's faced all manner of sometimes nigh-insurmountable issues in the past several years. This includes health-related problems that are consuming much of her time, energy and resources. And through all these woes she is raising her wonderful daughter Bean (some pictures here, here, and here).

As many of you know, the next Classic Gaming Expo is coming up at the end of July. This will be the first time in eight years since AtariAge has attended the show and it promises to be a retrogaming-fueled blast! AtariAge user Cebus Capucinis began scheming to find a way to help Chickybaby and Bean attend the show and I have now hijacked the idea.

With the help of Cebus and CPUWIZ, I am going to sell 50 Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800 homebrew games for $25 each, which includes shipping. The total amount of these sales ($1,250 once 50 games are sold) will go directly to a fund to pay for airfare and lodging for Chickybaby and Bean in Las Vegas. You can order these games directly from the store at the link below and shipping will be free. I will be covering the cost of producing the carts, shipping and homebrew author royalties. CPUWIZ and Cebus Capucinis have graciously contributed circuit boards and cartridge shells to help defray the costs.

If you want to order additional items in the AtariAge Store at the same time, by all means do so, and I will then ship everything together. Please keep in mind that only the games purchased via the link below will count towards Chickybaby's CGE fund. This is a great opportunity to pick up some great Atari homebrew games and bring some joy to a well-respected AtariAge member.

If you're not interested in homebrew games, you can contribute in other ways. First, you can make a direct donation via PayPal to sales@atariage.com (please reference "Chickybaby" in the payment). You can also sell or auction items in this thread and have the purchaser send payment to the above PayPal address.

Here's a link to the store where you can purchase these games:

Purchase Homebrew Games to Send Chickybaby to CGE!

I'll keep a running tally of how many games have been sold and how much we've raised in this post.

..Al

• Like 3

cave-in isnt on the list?

To keep things simple and save on costs a bit this only includes 4K homebrew games. Not only is Cave-In a 32K bankswitched game, it also uses the SARA chip so it's the most expensive homebrew of all to produce. :D :D

Still, that leaves a large assortment of games to choose from. :)

..Al

cave-in isnt on the list?

To keep things simple and save on costs a bit this only includes 4K homebrew games. Not only is Cave-In a 32K bankswitched game, it also uses the SARA chip so it's the most expensive homebrew of all to produce. :D :D

Still, that leaves a large assortment of games to choose from. :)

..Al

ok, i will keep going through the list,i do plan on getting 1 or 2 :)

I will be shipping these games in a bubble envelope, with the manual protected by a backing board on each side (and the game and manual will be in a protective, plastic bag).

That's simply not allowed. No backing board, and you must fold the manual in half.

I will be shipping these games in a bubble envelope, with the manual protected by a backing board on each side (and the game and manual will be in a protective, plastic bag).

That's simply not allowed. No backing board, and you must fold the manual in half.

Is there a "crumpled ball" option? People really like choices these days.

Not including a backing board (and I plan on including two) will reduce the weight of the package.. :ponder:

Is there a "crumpled ball" option? People really like choices these days.

It's very difficult to crumple an Atari 2600 cartridge into a ball.

..Al

It's very difficult to crumple an Atari 2600 cartridge into a ball.

..Al

No it's not. A heat gun at 1000 degrees and approx. 2 minutes of waiting time is all you need. :D Not to mention I was talking about the manual anyway. :P

Really cool choices for carts here guys! :D

If you make a donation or buy a cart (or carts), please let me know if you'd like to be publicly acknowledged in this thread. :)

Thanks,

..Al

i don't mind :D

hey chicky ... 1% of your vegas fun is on me ;)

Same. ;) What he said. :D

me three :)

me four