IGNORED

games that wont uninstall without CD?!

Tr3vor

I installed my cousin's copy of oblivion on my computer, and now that I'm running out of room, I want to uninstall... but no, It wont without the cd, which I dont have... Why would they do that? Thats stupid. I understand needing the disk to install it, but not to remove it, WTF.

anyone know what I can do?

I installed my cousin's copy of oblivion on my computer, and now that I'm running out of room, I want to uninstall... but no, It wont without the cd, which I dont have... Why would they do that? Thats stupid. I understand needing the disk to install it, but not to remove it, WTF.

Go into your C drive and manually look for it.

Or try an uninstaller software such as "Revo" http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Umm, no. Last time I did that with a Solidworks demo, This box pops up everytime I turn on my computer saying that it wants to configure the program, that is now nonexistant.

Umm, no. Last time I did that with a Solidworks demo, This box pops up everytime I turn on my computer saying that it wants to configure the program, that is now nonexistant.

You're not even going to try? Fine then. Take out your hard drive, and wipe the sector of hard drive that your game is on (with a magnet, of course). If it is installed under program files, then the left half needs to be wiped. If it is installed in the Windows directory, then the right side is wiped.

• Like 4

You're not even going to try? Fine then. Take out your hard drive, and wipe the sector of hard drive that your game is on (with a magnet, of course). If it is installed under program files, then the left half needs to be wiped. If it is installed in the Windows directory, then the right side is wiped.

It messes up the windows registry, it thinks the program is there, but its not, so it goes nuts. If you'r wondering why all of my other old computers are slower than they should be, thats why, because I've been doing that.

It messes up the windows registry, it thinks the program is there, but its not, so it goes nuts. If you'r wondering why all of my other old computers are slower than they should be, thats why, because I've been doing that.

It doesn't "go nuts" with my computers. You delete the files, delete the shortcuts, and then you are done. Want to avoid registry problems? Too freaking bad. This is one of the limitations of Windows, if it makes you that angry, just reinstall the OS.

It doesn't "go nuts" with my computers. You delete the files, delete the shortcuts, and then you are done. Want to avoid registry problems? Too freaking bad. This is one of the limitations of Windows, if it makes you that angry, just reinstall the OS.

Fall out of bed? Lighten up man, he obviously understands a registry issue, geez you sound like Microsofts big defender. Let's just agree he should use RevoUninstaller as that will search through the registry and delete associated files. I haven't touched the Windows built in Add/Remove in ages.

Rename the folder and see if it causes problems. If it causes problems name it back to it's old name. If it doesn't cause any problems delete the renamed folder. You can also go to Start then Run and type in Regedit to edit the registry. Just search for the name of the game and delete all references.

You could also just go buy a copy of the game since it sounds like you basically stole it.

Edited by HammR25

Rename the folder and see if it causes problems. If it causes problems name it back to it's old name. If it doesn't cause any problems delete the renamed folder. You can also go to Start then Run and type in Regedit to edit the registry. Just search for the name of the game and delete all references.

You could also just go buy a copy of the game since it sounds like you basically stole it.

his computer couldnt play it so we tried it on my computer. I have not touched it since.