IGNORED

My Atlantis 2 Cart, My Story

Scrabbler15

Hi everybody. I am new to Atari Age (first post), but I'm not new to Atari, as you'll see.

I have an original, genuine, 1982-built, Imagic-sent, real-deal, authentic, Atlantis 2 cart.

Now, I understand if you are already forming, in your mind, an appropriate response of skepticism, mockery or good-natured derision. (I have to say that I particularly enjoyed seeing Captain Kirk's A2 collection. Awesome.)

But first, check out the videos at the links below. You might even enjoy getting a peek at the 1983 United States Centipede Championship trophy...

[url = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neqrOYhJFHI]My Atlantis 2, My Story - Part 1[/url]

[url = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k2lYAFzrMg]My Atlantis 2, My Story - Part 2

• Like 14

First: Welcome to AtariAge!

Second: VERY NICE! Atlantis 2 is a very, very rare item indeed, but that Centipede Championship trophy, WOW! Something tells me you could probably beat me at that game blindfolded!

Hopefully homerwannabe sees this thread. He is our resident Atlantis 2 expert and maintains the Atlantis 2 registry of members who own it, so if you're not on the list he'll be glad to put you down as an owner! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi everybody. I am new to Atari Age (first post), but I'm not new to Atari, as you'll see.

I have an original, genuine, 1982-built, Imagic-sent, real-deal, authentic, Atlantis 2 cart.

Now, I understand if you are already forming, in your mind, an appropriate response of skepticism, mockery or good-natured derision. (I have to say that I particularly enjoyed seeing Captain Kirk's A2 collection. Awesome.)

But first, check out the videos at the links below. You might even enjoy getting a peek at the 1983 United States Centipede Championship trophy...

[url = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neqrOYhJFHI]My Atlantis 2, My Story - Part 1[/url]

[url = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k2lYAFzrMg]My Atlantis 2, My Story - Part 2

Welcome to AtariAge. Your videos and story was pretty awesome. What other boxed games do you still have from back in the day? Also, do you recall how many other contests you were in? You mention the Air Raid boxed game on eBay in your video, so does that mean you plan on selling your boxed Atlantis 2?

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting much when I clicked on your Youtube video and well it was quite a surprise! Seemed you had more and more treasures to share than just a boring old Atlantis II game!

I encourage you to scan your photos & certificates and create a website chronicling your experiences as an early 'professional' video gamer.

Do you remember your final score and what was your reaction when the contest was canceled?

I absolutely LOVE stuff like this. That a guy can roll onto AA for the first time with such an awesome story is what keeps me coming back.

Scrabbler, you rule and your story is fantastic. Thanks for sharing. More please. :-)

Chuck

P.S.: I don't know where you live, but if it's anywhere near Portland, OR we'd love to have you tell your story at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in September.

Truely amazing. Congrats on all your world class video game high scores and records you earned over the years. Really cool to hear a first hand account of a player of your skill who actually got to compete at all those competitions. It's great to see that you still have all your stuff you won and that you can recall all the details about them so well to share with your fellow gaming geeks :)

WOW!! Wicked stuff!

Curious, what country took 1st in the Centipede worlds??

Must say, thats the nicest cleanest cart I've ever seen. Good stuff! icon_thumbsup.gif

The gold medalist was from Middlesex England.

I always said that he finished ahead of me, because he had the home continent advantage.

• Like 2

Welcome to Atari Age and thanks for sharing your story. That is a shame about the basement flooding and destroying your A2 documents (You have way more than enough provenance for your cart though). I loved your "Single owner, low mileage, original equipment" line.

First: Welcome to AtariAge!

Second: VERY NICE! Atlantis 2 is a very, very rare item indeed, but that Centipede Championship trophy, WOW! Something tells me you could probably beat me at that game blindfolded!

Hopefully homerwannabe sees this thread. He is our resident Atlantis 2 expert and maintains the Atlantis 2 registry of members who own it, so if you're not on the list he'll be glad to put you down as an owner! :thumbsup:

Yep, he has been added. Very cool story indeed. I love the Centipede Championship trophy, and shirts.

WOW!! Wicked stuff!

Curious, what country took 1st in the Centipede worlds??

Must say, thats the nicest cleanest cart I've ever seen. Good stuff! icon_thumbsup.gif

The gold medalist was from Middlesex England.

I always said that he finished ahead of me, because he had the home continent advantage.

Ahhh. d'oh! what were the final scores between you and him?

Again grats on all your amazing achievements!!

I really enjoyed your videos and stories.KEEP them coming!!!!

Also,don't sell your patches,medals,intv shirt ,atlantis 2 game.Dont sell any of it!!!!

Also,i see you have a wii.What games do you like on it? what classic games did you download?

Edited by revolutionika

Welcome to AA, hope you stay a while. You are amongst kindred spirits here.

AX

And greedy little collectors :ponder:

I'd recommend that he keep his goodies actually. A) No way I can afford it's true value B) he obviously values it and he and his family are proud of his accomplishments.

It's like I tell my wife and kids about my stuff. Some of it they would never sell, but I want to make sure that if it comes down to it they should never suffer if they can get a helping hand by unloading Dad's collection. (we have gone over the difference between going to Vegas for a party, and needing a house or food... etc)

AX