IGNORED

I have Muppets Go Round

procrastinator

So I was sorting my collection of NES junk, thinking of playing it all again, when I came accross this box of prototype carts for the 5200 an old programmer from atari gave me. in and amongst the loaner carts I found one labeled Muppets go Round! Opening the cart (in low-light) I found the ROMs (four of them) also say Muppets gor Round! Pictures to come, hopefully a screenshot. if I can find a 5200 to test this cart on. I don't actually own the system...

Edited by procrastinator
  • Like 2

So I was sorting my collection of NES junk, thinking of playing it all again, when I came accross this box of prototype carts for the 5200 an old programmer from atari gave me. in and amongst the loaner carts I found one labeled Muppets go Round! Opening the cart (in low-light) I found the ROMs (four of them) also say Muppets gor Round! Pictures to come, hopefully a screenshot. if I can find a 5200 to test this cart on. I don't actually own the system...

very cool,i wonder if anyone has even heard of this prototype before?

very cool,i wonder if anyone has even heard of this prototype before?

Sure have. I've been in PM contact with the owner. We're trying to get it into the hands of someone who will dump the rom and give the prototype a good home.

Tempest

I have a 5200 we could test it on if you like, but am unable to dump ROMs at this time. There are a couple of Bay Area people who can though, so if you are eager to get it going this weekend, drop me a PM and I will get in touch with them (or, if they see this thread, they will probably get in touch themselves!).

That said, CPUWIZ is the master and you can't go wrong in dealing with him for testing of this item.

Simply amazing. I never thought this one would surface, I assumed it was never started.

Tempest

See. You just never know. Now where the hell is Elevator Action? :) Who knows, maybe other games were started as well but were never listed anywhere. I have high hopes for Zoo Keeper to appear.

Allan

Well I tested out the game and it works!

some notes:

The game say's muppets but in reality it's more Sesame Street than muppets. There's Bert, Big Bird, Grover, Cookie Moster, and more! Although, yes I know that Jim Hansen created the muppets on Seasame Street.. anyways that's just a personal opinion then...

No sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess this is where it's definetly a proto!

The controls is through the numeric keypad and start/pause/reset buttons only. trigger buttons and joystick do not do anything (aparently)The children's controller might have introduced additional button combos that might enable better functionality.

Other than that it is working, no random errors or code dumps or game freezes...

Here's some pics:

post-26237-127277651613_thumb.jpg

post-26237-127277652869_thumb.jpg

post-26237-127277654194_thumb.jpg

post-26237-127277655499_thumb.jpg

post-26237-127277656814_thumb.jpg

post-26237-127277658048_thumb.jpg

post-26237-127277659408_thumb.jpg

• Like 1