IGNORED

I have Muppets Go Round

procrastinator

Could it make it passed the 2k mark. :ponder:

That seems a little ridiculous, but at the current rate of bidding $700-$800 might not be out of the question. I'm a little surprised actually, but then again it is a one of a kind.

Tempest

I have a feeling who is going to win this, no not Wonder :D. The other Playa has not even, entered the Arena, Yet.

:ponder:

I will go on the record and say at least double that. :)

Hmmm a celebrity perhaps?? lol icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif

That seems a little ridiculous, but at the current rate of bidding $700-$800 might not be out of the question. I'm a little surprised actually, but then again it is a one of a kind.

Tempest

I have a feeling who is going to win this, no not Wonder :D. The other Playa has not even, entered the Arena, Yet.

Is that going to be a good thing or a bad thing for us poor people?

Allan

Tempest

Is that going to be a good thing or a bad thing for us poor people?

Allan

Well I am not to Familiar with said person, but if he was smart, there would be something nice and fair priced coming to us little shots. :D

Six months ago, I would have agreed with Mat, at the $800. There are three Mammoths among us now, to go along with our T REX. This could get ugly, except for Procrastinator. :)

Thanks for the screenshots. I wonder if an 8-bit version was planned? CBS did all the 8-bit Muppet games, so maybe not. Interesting how Atari themselves did this one, maybe they had the rights on game consoles (due to their 2600 license) and not on computers?

It doesn't surprise me that it had no sound, sound was one of the last things to be added to a game generally.

I hope you will dump this one or sell it to someone who will. As I said this is the only copy. Truly an amazing find.

Tempest

The 8-bit version was actually released.

Thanks for the screenshots. I wonder if an 8-bit version was planned? CBS did all the 8-bit Muppet games, so maybe not. Interesting how Atari themselves did this one, maybe they had the rights on game consoles (due to their 2600 license) and not on computers?

It doesn't surprise me that it had no sound, sound was one of the last things to be added to a game generally.

I hope you will dump this one or sell it to someone who will. As I said this is the only copy. Truly an amazing find.

Tempest

Thanks, Kr0tki,

It's a pain to find the right keys but once you do you can then hear what the sounds would be like on the 5200 version. I wonder if any of the other 8-bit CBS software released was originally going to be done for the 5200.

Allan

Tempest

Thanks, Kr0tki,

It's a pain to find the right keys but once you do you can then hear what the sounds would be like on the 5200 version. I wonder if any of the other 8-bit CBS software released was originally going to be done for the 5200.

Allan

That's the only one I know of. I think Astro Grover might have been on the list as well, I'll have to check.

Tempest

Tempest

Thanks, Kr0tki,

Allan

That's the only one I know of. I think Astro Grover might have been on the list as well, I'll have to check.

Tempest

OK. I'm guessing this one Big Bird was suppose to be BIG BIRD HIDE 'N SEEK CX 5235.

Then this one Astro Grover was suppose to be ASTRO GROVER CX 5233.

And DONALD DUCK CX 5234 I'm not sure.

It might be this one but I don't think so. There are a couple more from CBS that might have been changed using a different character(s).

Then again maybe because the above are Sesame Street and Donald Duck is Disney, the Donald Duck one may never have been released by CBS Software.

Allan

Edited by Allan

Thanks, Kr0tki,

It's a pain to find the right keys but once you do you can then hear what the sounds would be like on the 5200 version.

Yup, hard to find them without an overlay. Anyway, for the record:

Title screen:

s - start game

Select screen:

/ - next option

inverse video - start selected game

Game screen:

/ - return to select screen

inverse video - restart game

s - start playing with Grover

g - start playing with Barkley

k - start playing with Cookie Monster

c - slow the wheel down

, - speed the wheel up

space - stop the wheel

+ - pause

Edited by Kr0tki
  • Like 1

So I was sorting my collection of NES junk, thinking of playing it all again, when I came accross this box of prototype carts for the 5200 an old programmer from atari gave me. in and amongst the loaner carts I found one labeled Muppets go Round! Opening the cart (in low-light) I found the ROMs (four of them) also say Muppets gor Round! Pictures to come, hopefully a screenshot. if I can find a 5200 to test this cart on. I don't actually own the system...

Do you remember who the programmer was who gave you the games?

Allan

Ah, so this game ended up finished on the 8-bit format, and also appeared in an NES version! Does that lower the exclusivity of the prototype? Also, given that the 8-bit was sold, what's the change there's a finished 5200 version out there?

Came out for C64 too C64-LetterGoRound2a.jpg

PS: I don't get the bidding war with over 9 days left in the auction....

Edited by Greg2600

Ah, so this game ended up finished on the 8-bit format, and also appeared in an NES version! Does that lower the exclusivity of the prototype? Also, given that the 8-bit was sold, what's the change there's a finished 5200 version out there?

Came out for C64 too C64-LetterGoRound2a.jpg

They think they are marking their Territory. :roll::P

Maybe the bidders want to make sure some creep doesn't come along and offer a side deal and cause the auction to end early.

+1 to that, bid early, bid often or you may not get the chance to bid at all.

$735 and five days left. :ponder:

I'm somewhat surprised at the price, but I wonder if it will go much higher. I think maybe the big hitters bid early and towards the end we'll see only minor bumps. We'll see I guess. :)

Tempest

I'm somewhat surprised at the price, but I wonder if it will go much higher. I think maybe the big hitters bid early and towards the end we'll see only minor bumps. We'll see I guess. :)

Tempest

Ooops editing as you were posting. Speedy is in the lead. This could be a Atari 5200 proto, Sales Record. :ponder:

Tempest

BTW Mat, What is the highest price a 5200 proto has sold for. :?

Tempest

BTW Mat, What is the highest price a 5200 proto has sold for. :?

Not sure actually. I remember the first Super Pac-Man proto going for about $500 (I won that), but there really haven't been too many high profile 5200 proto sightings that have made it to ebay since then. I'm sure someone will correct me though. :)

Tempest

Tempest

Ooops editing as you were posting. Speedy is in the lead. This could be a Atari 5200 proto, Sales Record. :ponder:

Imagine if this was a completed Sinistar or Elevator Action.

Allan

Tempest

Allan

Sinistar never existed in 5200 format. That's been confirmed by the programmer of the 8-bit version. Same deal as Cloak & Dagger.

Tempest

Tempest

Allan

So no one has ever found elevator action for 5200?

Tempest

Allan

So no one has ever found elevator action for 5200?

May or may not exist. The programmer told DP that it was at 80% completion when it was canned and it was probably only on disks and not burned onto an EPROM cartridge. The programmer didn't have a copy anymore and I believe he has since passed away. Unless we get really lucky somewhere I'm guessing this one is lost to the ages.

Tempest