IGNORED

HSC 1st Half May 2010 Robotron 2084

This time around, it's Robotron 2084, and it ends May 15 at 11:59pm Pacific.

-current leaderboard

Battlezone 73

Eric DeLee 71

darthkur 39

roadrunner 38

atari2600land 37

atomickneedrop 21

PFG 9000 18

Atari Smeghead 17

-current high scores

Battlezone 698,225

PFG 9000 590,200

roadrunner 218,875

darthkur 208,325

Eric DeLee 154,475

Edited by atari2600land

WOW!

Nice score!

Thank you! I'm really hooked on the game now. It gets pretty hectic. But the controls give me fits sometimes. I'm playing with control type "A" which seems to be the most effective for me, but the game was obviously designed for dual joysticks, and this conversion really suffers from not having them. So it's frustrating when you're surrounded by enemies and every pixel counts, but you can't aim at them quickly without moving in their direction a little. And that usually results in a quick death when it's crowded.

My score: 547.225

Well done! What are you using for a control scheme? Do you have any tips?

Thank you! I use the control scheme #3. No tips, just shoot&run like a madman :)

In my opinion Shadow Soft did a great job with Lynx. I love this game and Joust. I'm sad when I think that Shadow Soft was working to Centipede and other classic stuffs and they had not completed them.

We're playing this game on skill level 3 right?

post-22103-127379634154_thumb.png

Yes, the default level. Keep playing and it'll get more manageable. I recommend control scheme A, but Battlezone is kicking my butt with scheme C. So just avoid scheme B! :D

I play with the default settings. Don't know if A is better than C. I bought this game many years ago and I ever played with scheme C, so it's hard to me to change the control settings. Anyway, the first thing to do in every level is destroy the red circles :)

I play with the default settings. Don't know if A is better than C. I bought this game many years ago and I ever played with scheme C, so it's hard to me to change the control settings. Anyway, the first thing to do in every level is destroy the red circles :)

That is something I recently started doing. It is hellish if you let the red circles go to the four corners. It is really hard to avoid death at that point.

I didn't read the manual, and didn't even know there was an option screen. So I have been playing with Option C. I switched it last night to A and died very quickly. Option A seems much harder.