IGNORED

Ianoid's Large Box Protectors

ianoid

I love the box protectors that Justabum created for Atari 2600 boxed games. I found that a few exceptional 2600 boxes just didn't fit in those boxes. Nor did my standard Intellivision, Vectrex or many other boxed computer games (Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64 and VIC-20). So I set out to design and manufacture a new collector's box protector for much of the rest of my collection.

And so was born: Ianoid's Large Box Protectors!

I personally designed these box protectors to my specifications to be most useful for long term archival, storage, and display of video game and computer game boxes. Boxes are made from acid-free archival quality PPE plastic, recommended for long term storage of your valuable collectible items.

Protect your investment. With Ianoid Box Protectors.

New simplified pricing:

$1 each

I will calculate the lowest possible shipping I can offer on an order by order basis. Just tell me how many you want and I can tell you the exact cost for me to ship to you.

This is basically the same price as always. I had priced them including shipping in the past, but I think it was just too complicated for people to comprehend. Note that the best shipping price breaks occur for 16 and 100. This just happens to be the number that fit in a flat rate envelope/large flat rate box. I can do an order of any number you want, but if you consider those multiples, shipping will generally be lowest on a per piece basis.

Box measurements:

6.75" x 9.063" x 1.125"

Boxes open on top. They fit a wide variety of computer and video game boxes. Only very large format boxes do not fit in these box protectors. Many smaller boxes fit in these protectors, although I recommend the other custom designs by Justabum and others for standard box sizes like Atari 2600 and Nintendo NES.

I prefer paypal payments, but I'll consider other methods of payment at my discretion for larger orders.

Some questions you might be asking:

Why do these cost more than the other boxes?

The increased size, materials consumption, and shipping costs (both to me and from me) increase the wholesale cost of these.

Why don't they fit xxxxx perfectly?

Instead of designing a custom fit box that had a singular purpose, I decided that I should create a multi-use box for those of us who have boxes of various sizes and shapes. Not only are there a variety of shapes of Atari 2600, Intellivision, and Colecovision boxes that don't fit in the standard custom fit Atari 2600 box, but there are many other computer games as well as the Vectrex boxes that need a box protector design. A larger design allows flexibility. There were two main criteria when I designed the boxes: I wanted them to fit the Atari 2600 Epyx boxes (among the longest designs), and I wanted them to fit Vectrex boxes (among the widest designs). I was able to create a box that did both and more.

Note about shipping:

In order to maintain the lower cost for you, your order may arrive in multiple shipments. Aside from those that arrive by Domestic Priority Mail, there is no tracking or delivery confirmation. International orders will only have a customs number (marked as gift with a value of less than $20) and have no tracking or confirmation. Loss is at your risk. I reserve the right not to ship or sell to certain countries that I've had routine problems with deliveries (Mexico comes to mind).

Here is a link to pictures of various boxes in the box protectors. The games aren't for sale, they are part of my collection. If you are curious about a particular box type fitting, please PM me and I'll give it a try.

Below are examples of the many boxes that fit in these box protectors:

Vectrex

Intellivision

Commodore VIC-20

Commodore 64

SSI Gold and Silver Box AD&D PC/Commodore/Apple

Atari 2600 Epyx (Summer Games, Winter Games, California Games)

Atari 2600 Sega

Atari 7800 High Score cart box

Epyx (other computer games)

HES

Synapse

Spectravideo (large boxes for VIC-20)

OEM

Sir-tech Wizardry

Ultima II (original release box as pictured, later releases don't fit)

x68000 boxes (measure them to make sure, I don't have many examples)

First Star (slightly snug fit by length for Atari 2600 and Atari 8-bit game boxes)

Sega Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit, VIC-20, Commodore 64

Sega Bally Midway Colecovision

Fisher Price (paperboard boxes only, the large plastic boxes these games come in sometimes do not fit)

Spinnaker (paperboard boxes only, the large plastic boxes these games come in sometimes do not fit)

Which boxes do not fit?

Atari 7800 large format Absolute boxes

Large format Atari computer (8-bit) boxes (the huge classic ones like the original Asteroids and large silver ones)

Large format Atarisoft boxes

Import Atari 2600 Xonox boxes

CBS, Spinnaker, Fisher Price plastic boxes

Parker Bros Home Computer boxes (too snug to consider it a fit) such as Atari 8-bit, Commodore, VIC-20, TI-99

TI-99 Texas Instruments boxes

Mystique and Playaround Atari 2600 boxes

Atari 2600 Indy 500 and Star Raiders and other large boxes

Edited by ianoid

Yeah! I really like these also. Only issue is I now have many of the large old-school 8-bit cart boxes. Anyone know who sells protectors for these?

No, I don't. Getting these made is quite expensive. I considered larger sizes, but there are just too few of those style of boxes and people would need too few for it to be useful. And with the increase size, comes increased price. I mean, how many could I really sell that would fit the giant box style, when they would probably have to sell for $2 apiece? Minimum orders are in the thousands.

As far as tight fit, it's really essentially impossible to find tight fit for every box type. There are so many varieties, only standard boxes will work for a perfect fit. For all the various computer boxes and whatnot, I guarantee you won't find a better fit. If you want something for the standard sized Atari 2600, I highly recommend those sold by justabum, they are awesome. But if you want some for your Epyx 2600, Sega 2600, Boing or other weird boxes, these are probably the best you'll find. As far as Vectrex, you can't really beat these for a nearly perfect fit.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got these in the mail,although they are not custom made for my Video Gem boxes (wasnt expecting them too) i can say these are good quality and will protect my boxes from the elements :) .

They fix well and look good in the bookcase,they are very similar to the ones Bryan is selling,just larger.

Are these protectors acid free and do they have any UV protection? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

They are acid free. Archival quality. I don't know about UV protection. I've never heard about people talking about it with these types of boxes. I can contact my manufacturer if it's mission critical. I would never leave anything I care about in a place where it could get direct sunlight, regardless of the clear box.

Thanks for your interest, and I hope to see you ordering!

These box protectors are great. :thumbsup:

Now if only someone would come up with one for the Mystique/Playaround boxes, I'd be set. :lust:

I'd pay ten bucks for each and I suppose others would too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a picture of these on a bookshelf?

ianoid,any discount if i order 300? :)

I'll work on those pix. When you order in multiples of 100, it's the cheapest possible shipping. As far as reducing the price to less than $1 per piece for 300? I'd consider it. PM me if you get serious. Mind you I hardly make anything on these to begin with, so it's not like I could halve the price without taking a huge loss.