IGNORED

TI LOGO

post-5887-127336714275_thumb.jpg

You can view it online, or download the entire PDF (registration is required though). PDF is OCR'ed for text searches.

TI-LOGO

Nice! How do you do such a nice job of aligning things and keeping stuff consistent? What scanner and what software are you doing.

I ask because I have a bunch of Commodore Amiga manuals and books I'd like to scan up and post.

Nice! How do you do such a nice job of aligning things and keeping stuff consistent? What scanner and what software are you doing.

Thanks! When doing this stuff I strive for the cleanest and best scanning job that I can do, with the highest end results possible, in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. :)

For ADF scans I use a Canon imageCLASS MF4150, along with Paperport to do automatic cropping and image enhancement (contrast, background removal, etc). For flatbed scanning I use a CanoScan LiDE 200. All cleanup work is done with Paint Shop Pro X2, document binding and OCR is done by Acrobat 9 and when needed additional processing is performed through Distiller. All scans are captured at 300DPI and stored as TIFFs. IrfanView is used when batch image scaling is needed, such as when publishing to Atarimania.

Large documents have their bindings removed, and are trimmed with a paper cutter. Nearly all documents when scanned are contrast/image enhanced. There is a bit of a black art deciding on one consistent setting that will serve a whole job and have the best output. ;) Manual flatbed scanning is avoided whenever possible, as the time required is immense compared to automated scanning. Manual cleanup work is avoided whenever possible for the same reason.