Photo

Popeye on a 64K cart or to borrow?

4 replies to this topic

#1 matthew180 ONLINE  

matthew180

River Patroller

• 2,630 posts

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 10:27 PM

I didn't look yet (I'm lazy and posting is easier ;-) ), but does anyone know if Popeye is ROM based and can be put on one of the 64K carts? I need to do some hardware testing and that game is supposed to really abuse the hardware. If it can't go on a 64K cart, is anyone willing to loan me their copy for a little while? I promise it will be well taken care of and will be returned in the exact condition I receive it. If anything does happen, I would replace it if possible, or pay a pre-agreed amount.

Anyway, if anyone has some info, please let me know.

Thanks,
Matthew

#2 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,744 posts

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 PM

You can borrow mine for as long as you need.

#3 matthew180 ONLINE  

matthew180

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,630 posts

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 10:36 PM

Thanks Owen, that would be cool! I'll email you for shipping details. You can send me any broken consoles you have too. ;-)

Matthew

#4 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,744 posts

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 10:49 PM

Hey--- I have plenty of good consoles. Matter of fact, I sent one to Tempest but just got it back in the mail--- I used an automated package scale and it never left the post office. Insufficient postage written on the box. I just got a letter in the mail saying I had to pick up the package. If you want a good console, I'd be happy to send you one with the Popeye game. :)

#5 matthew180 ONLINE  

matthew180

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,630 posts

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 10:53 PM

I only like broken consoles; working ones are boring. ;-) I guess it is kind of like coding. I'd rather code a game than play a game. For me the fun is in the "doing". A working console is no challenge.

Matthew

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users