#27 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,161 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 AM

I do not need to avail myself of any facts

Hell no, why change the habit of a lifetime? :roll:

:D :D :D

Sorry I couldn't resist. That made my day.

Tempest

#28 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,480 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:38 AM

Just to set the record straight (I hope for the last time):

Maybe if you spent as much time coding

From http://dbug.kicks-as.../rbt/about.html (up there for a long time):

Name: sh3

Role in Reboot: artist/tester/designer

Specialty: pixels

Although sh3 does code, he never laid down a single line of code for Reboot.

Thank you.

#29 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• Topic Starter
  • 3,571 posts
  • Atari Sega Nerd

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:11 PM

I am on holiday at the moment which is common knowledge as I posted a few days ago saying so.

When I can get to my Spectrum and set it up I will post the code for Shuttle Lander but as I have no way of transferring anything from my Spectrum to my PC it will mean writing it all down by hand and then typing it into the PC so don't expect me to be able to do it anytime tonight.

#30 sh3-rg OFFLINE  

sh3-rg

River Patroller

• 3,397 posts
  • doge + tie = dothemath

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:17 PM

LOL

#31 carmel_andrews OFFLINE  

carmel_andrews

Quadrunner

• 13,297 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:38 PM

I do not need to avail myself of any facts

Hell no, why change the habit of a lifetime? :roll:

You obviously missed the point being made....probably too higher concept for you to contemplate

If you want to live in the past, that's your perogative but don't assume that others wish to relive that past or want to keep dredging it up (like some people seem to want to do)

#32 Christos OFFLINE  

Christos

Stargunner

• 1,053 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 PM

I am on holiday at the moment which is common knowledge as I posted a few days ago saying so.

When I can get to my Spectrum and set it up I will post the code for Shuttle Lander but as I have no way of transferring anything from my Spectrum to my PC it will mean writing it all down by hand and then typing it into the PC so don't expect me to be able to do it anytime tonight.

Well, I am sure the WoS guys will be more than happy to tell you how to transfer the files easily. I believe 1 very simple audio cable should do it? But I am sure that the tape will turn out to be damaged, stollen or chewed by a puppy. It happens... :D :D :D

#33 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• Topic Starter
  • 3,571 posts
  • Atari Sega Nerd

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:00 PM

I don't even use tapes and already said that :roll: And for the record I also already asked a few people on WOS. If you having nothing intelligent to contribute its really best not to bother.

#34 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,161 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 PM

If you having nothing intelligent to contribute its really best not to bother.

Yet you continue to post... :ponder:

Tempest

#35 jaybird3rd OFFLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 9,290 posts
  • "Excuse me, sir? I have a question ..."

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:02 PM

It seems that Jaguar Disease has now infected the Classic Computing forum. Who's next?

:roll:

#36 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• Topic Starter
  • 3,571 posts
  • Atari Sega Nerd

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:03 PM

Its my thread :ponder:

#37 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,161 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 PM

Its my thread :ponder:

Your point?

Tempest

#38 Christos OFFLINE  

Christos

Stargunner

• 1,053 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:07 PM

I don't even use tapes and already said that :roll: And for the record I also already asked a few people on WOS. If you having nothing intelligent to contribute its really best not to bother.

Well, forgive me if I don't take your word for it. I'll wait for the wos guys confirmation. In all likelyhood though, the same technique can be applied. I could definitely make some inquirements for you if you'd like. What did you use to store the data? Disks, microdrives, DivIDE?

Funny you should mention intelligent posting though :D :D :D

#39 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• Topic Starter
  • 3,571 posts
  • Atari Sega Nerd

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:08 PM

Disks as already mentioned. Its a +3 so therefore 3" disks. If you read the thread you would have seen me already offer to post one to anybody if they want to pay the costs.

#40 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,361 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:21 PM

Would you mind telling me who you asked over on WOS so I can verify this myself?

..Al

#41 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• Topic Starter
  • 3,571 posts
  • Atari Sega Nerd

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:28 PM

Asked what? About transferring a 3" Disk from Spectrum to a PC?

Its quite simple: You need a 3" drive to do it and the one in the Spectrum is built into the machine so you can't use that. So without an external 3" drive and the right software I cannot do it.

I am not willing to reveal in public my username on WOS so I can get more abuse but I can easily link a topic that describes the process.

As I have already said once I get back from my holiday I am more than willing to post the code or send anybody who wants one all the games I listed here on a 3" disk.

Its nice to see that all the flames, insults and misquotes in this thread are tolerated and allowed.

#42 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,361 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:33 PM

I am not willing to reveal in public my username on WOS so I can get more abuse but I can easily link a topic that describes the process.

So once again, when asked to reveal proof of the volumes of bullshit you spew, you make excuses.

Its nice to see that all the flames, insults and misquotes in this thread are tolerated and allowed.

Misquotes? By all means please show me who here besides you is trying to take credit for others' work.. I only wish I had read that long WoS thread sooner.

..Al

#43 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• Topic Starter
  • 3,571 posts
  • Atari Sega Nerd

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 PM

If somebody can tell me a way to transfer files from a Spectrum +3 3" Disk to a an XP PC without the use of an external 3" drive then I will do it as soon as I possibly can.

Until then I am happy to post the code for Shuttle Lander right here and on WoS if you wish in the 5 year old thread or the new one thats been started or send anybody who has the ability to read a 3" disk ALL of the games I did over the last few months.

#44 Cebus Capucinis OFFLINE  

Cebus Capucinis

Not-so-secretly Trolling

• 8,013 posts
  • Wiseass Extraordinaire

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:56 PM

You didn't answer the questions...

#45 jaybird3rd OFFLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 9,290 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:32 PM

You didn't answer the questions...

... again!

I just read through the World of Spectrum thread and one of the older threads here on AtariAge. Interesting reads. If our friend The_Laird had invested all the effort he's apparently put into making up stories into actually learning to program, he probably could have written all the games he's claiming to have written!

Big thumbs-up to the WOS guys for exposing him.

#46 fogartylee OFFLINE  

fogartylee

Combat Commando

• 8 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:41 PM

If somebody can tell me a way to transfer files from a Spectrum +3 3" Disk to a an XP PC without the use of an external 3" drive then I will do it as soon as I possibly can.

Until then I am happy to post the code for Shuttle Lander right here and on WoS if you wish in the 5 year old thread or the new one thats been started or send anybody who has the ability to read a 3" disk ALL of the games I did over the last few months.

How about taking a couple of photos of the screen and posting them :) You have managed to post screenshots, so the same method could be used to post code shots...

#47 jaybird3rd OFFLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 9,290 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:52 PM

How about taking a couple of photos of the screen and posting them :) You have managed to post screenshots, so the same method could be used to post code shots...

I'll bet you one can of coke that he comes back and says that his camera has suddenly broken.

#48 fogartylee OFFLINE  

fogartylee

Combat Commando

• 8 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:54 PM

I'll bet you one can of coke that he comes back and says that his camera has suddenly broken.

I'll raise that can of coke and add a mars bar that he comes back to say the TV has imploded....

#49 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:56 PM

It's quite simple, really. You scan in the book you stole the games from and tipex out the authors name and crayon in MR KIZZA TELLS FIBS.

It's not Advanced Lawnmower Mechanics, now is it?

#50 Classic Pac OFFLINE  

Classic Pac

River Patroller

• 3,404 posts

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:15 PM

If anyone here is looking for interesting BASIC programs just follow the links in my signature. Enter Magazine has Basic programs for nearly every make of computer.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users