IGNORED

New Atari compatible computer FireBee in series production

Not me! :lol: I´m very excited about another project (7800XM) using an almost Atari design so I can dream about this...

microbox1.jpg

:lust: :lust: :lust: :lust:

What the heck is that?

It was probable successor of the Falcon 030. Here it´s the link: http://www.atarimuseum.com/computers/16bits/falcon030/microbox/index.htm

That lid looks suspiciously like the top of the Jaguar, without the "toilet bowl" Jaguar CD player on top :D .

Not me! :lol: I´m very excited about another project (7800XM) using an almost Atari design so I can dream about this...

What the heck is that?

It was probable successor of the Falcon 030. Here it´s the link: http://www.atarimuseum.com/computers/16bits/falcon030/microbox/index.htm

That lid looks suspiciously like the top of the Jaguar, without the "toilet bowl" Jaguar CD player on top :D .

Yep, and the rest is just like the Playstation 2... :P

microbox1.jpg

What the heck is that?

Was that suppose to be a metaphor of where the company was going at that moment?

• 3 weeks later...

Wait. This goes INSIDE a PC in a PCI slot?? How the heck do you connect anything up to it? Shouldn't it be mounted in a case of it's own so the ports all stick out where you can actually plug something into them? Making it so it fits in a standard ST case would have been a much better idea. There's lots of people with those who could just swap out the original motherboard and replace it with this one.

Edited by OldAtarian

• 4 weeks later...

Mathias from the Atari Coldfire Project was kind enough to do an interview for this issue of Atari User Magazine.

The Firebee is an exciting development and these guys are putting a lot of work into the project, working for free.

They are working on casing and it will be a standalone computer, albeit a very powerful Atari ST TOS compatible. :D

atariuser.com