IGNORED

Atari 2600 Pause Kit Now Available!

Albert

I think you misunderstand - this kit would not be difficult for me or for anyone with basic soldering skills, but anyone with sufficient skill to install this kit can also solder the chip, resistors and diodes onto the board, so selling populated boards isn't necessary. I would suggest at least the option to buy an unpopulated board and parts for a little less if you want to sell more.

I see, I had planned that, I think Al wanted to keep the store entry simpler.

I think you misunderstand - this kit would not be difficult for me or for anyone with basic soldering skills, but anyone with sufficient skill to install this kit can also solder the chip, resistors and diodes onto the board, so selling populated boards isn't necessary. I would suggest at least the option to buy an unpopulated board and parts for a little less if you want to sell more.

Soldering the parts doesn't take me very long. I decided to offer the kit with the populated board to make the installation simpler and to avoid problems with people putting the wrong parts in the wrong locations, accidentally reversing the chip, and so forth.

..Al

Soldering the parts doesn't take me very long. I decided to offer the kit with the populated board to make the installation simpler and to avoid problems with people putting the wrong parts in the wrong locations, accidentally reversing the chip, and so forth.

..Al

True, this is especially critical for people who don't know how to identify diode orientation. Hell, I had people ask me in the past which way around a resistor goes. ;)

I am for an unpopulated kit especially if it saves me some cash, although I don't think the 20$ is a bad asking price myself. I think its a great mod option to have available. I just wished I was rich enough to tell Al to send me one each of all the awesome homebrews and hardware that is available in the AA store!!

..Al

True, this is especially critical for people who don't know how to identify diode orientation. Hell, I had people ask me in the past which way around a resistor goes. ;)

I think anyone seeing the picture on the product page would have enough information to prevent nearly all possible mistakes. It could be added to the instructions.

I'm surprised more haven't opted for the installation. $45 and shipping seems like a good price.

Where's my credits?

Don't bother me you sell, but you could inform the source.

http://www.victortrucco.com/Atari/AtariPausa/atariPausa_en.asp

Regards,

Victor Trucco

You are absolutely right, I was under the assumption that most people knew that you came up with the circuit. Sorry about that, I will ask Albert to add your credit right away.

..Al

Yeah, I know, I had the same question once, I told him the gold band points north!

Where's my credits?

Don't bother me you sell, but you could inform the source.

http://www.victortrucco.com/Atari/AtariPausa/atariPausa_en.asp

Regards,

Victor Trucco

I've updated the page in the store giving you credit for the research and designing the circuit and also provided a link to your site:

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=953

Please send me your address and I'd be glad to send you a kit for free.

..Al

I've updated the page in the store giving you credit for the research and designing the circuit and also provided a link to your site:

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=953

Please send me your address and I'd be glad to send you a kit for free.

..Al

Hey Albert, thanks.

Don´t worry, it´s not necessary to send me the kit.

Glad this made the front page or I wouldn't have known it exists but then I also don't own a 2600, only a 7800.

Do you mean the "Recently Added Topics" box to the right on the Forum Index page?

I've discovered lots of interesting topics I normally wouldn't have read/posted in because of that. It's even responsible for alerting me to one or two Marketplace & Wanted posts where I ended up purchasing/trading!!! :thumbsup:

It's really a fun little feature, kind of like a "topic lottery." It's become the first thing I look at when I log in.

-tet