IGNORED

What are these foam things under controllers?

dooglehead

When I bought my Colecovision at a flea market a couple years ago, there were round black foam pieces under the joysticks of the controllers that covered the shaft of the joysticks. Does anybody know what they are? Were they part of the original packaging? I can post picures if needed.

Please post a picture.

Seems like overkill if they where packaged like this inside the Styrofoam tray with the system. I never bought any new replacement controllers back when I owned the system originally,perhaps this was packaging for replacement controllers.

Interesting, thanks for the post.

The joystick extender and the foam rings work together, the foam rings help to 'secure' the joystick extender. Here is a picture of mine, if you look closely you can see the foam:

joystickext2.jpg

later,

charles

www.evg2000.com

Thanks for the explanation.

Does anyone have a set of these in an unopened package? I have see these sold on ebay, but had never seen the foam piece.

The joystick extender and the foam rings work together, the foam rings help to 'secure' the joystick extender. Here is a picture of mine, if you look closely you can see the foam:

joystickext2.jpg

later,

charles

www.evg2000.com

Oh, thanks. That just answered a question I've been having for years.