IGNORED

Commodore 1902A

I have a C128 with a 1902A Monitor setup. I'm quite happy with the monitor and was thinking it would be nice to set it up to accept video from the C128, but also from a Atari 8-bit and/or an Atari ST. Does this kind of connectivity exist, specifically, can I connect the following systems to the 1902A (without mods/hacks/etc):

Atari 600 XL or Atari 130 XE

Atari 1040 STFM

Thanks for any advice!

(I should add, I just use the RF cables for both Atari 8-bit and ST right now. I see both have monitor outputs, but I'm not sure if they'll connect to the 1902A, and if so, what cables I need)

Edited by Midnight Synergy

I have a C128 with a 1902A Monitor setup. I'm quite happy with the monitor and was thinking it would be nice to set it up to accept video from the C128, but also from a Atari 8-bit and/or an Atari ST. Does this kind of connectivity exist, specifically, can I connect the following systems to the 1902A (without mods/hacks/etc):

Atari 1040 STFM

Thanks for any advice!

(I should add, I just use the RF cables for both Atari 8-bit and ST right now. I see both have monitor outputs, but I'm not sure if they'll connect to the 1902A, and if so, what cables I need)

I'm not sure about the A8's video pinouts. You might be able to use a standard C64 video cable with luma/chroma/audio out. That's what the 1902A supports (not composite). I don't think the ST will output composite either, will it?

And looks like you can't get an RGB connection to the 1902A from the ST:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.sys.cbm/2005-11/msg00058.html

I think it should work... but you may have to make/modify your own cable... Get the documentation for the Atari computers video output pinout, look where Chroma, Luma, Audio and Ground are, then look where they should be for the CBM computers, and if they don't match, modify the cable accordingly. Or maybe you've to solder a different plug to it, if they don't use the same plug. In the 80s everyone seems to have used those DIN plugs, but even with those there are several different variants (more pins or less)...

Atari 1040 STFM

Thanks for any advice!

On The 130XE you can use chroma/Lum or composit using The C64 cable

On the 600xl a few came with chroma/lum but composit for sure and same cable

On the 1040 STFM there's a cable on ebay for composit on ST's with RF out, which you have