IGNORED

Intell 2 controllers

oldjd

Sorry,if this has been asked,but is there a suitable replacement for the Joystick/Controllers on the Intell 2 ?

Seems most of the ones I come across, the cheesy covering on the keypad is either cracked /worn thru or just plain junk

So,whats an option?Anyone making the keypad covers or is there a decent replacement out there?

Any bones tossed would be greatly appreciated

Also,repost,I have a box full of Poker/Blackjack games.I think there are 12 boxed and 20-25 loose,any interest let me know.

I also have a butt load of star strikes(20)

I think Super Video Arcade controllers are compatible with the Intellivision II. This is probably your best bet, although it will probably mean having to buy a Super Video Arcade and using the controllers that come with that; SVA controllers, or even Intellivision II controllers, don't come up for sale individually very often.

Wico also made a joystick controller for Intellivision II, but I'm not sure how much of an improvement it would be. Also, good luck finding one. :)

Arent those the dual control ones?(Sears type)

You would think that some enterprising company might offer the overlays for those.They are a real piece of junk on the originals

I'm not sure what you mean by "dual control." The Sears Super Video Arcade controllers are identical to Intellivision/Tandyvision controllers. They're just off-white colored instead of dark brown, and they are detachable.

There are three types of Intellivision controller, unless someone knows something I don't: Intellivision, Intellivision II, and Wico Command Control. Every Intellivision system except the II basically uses the same original Intellivision controller. The Wico is a third-party controller designed for use with the Intellivision II.

I'm not sure what to tell you about overlays...they fit every Intellivision controller. :?

I started a project once to map out the functions of an INTV2 controller with the idea of scratch-building a replacement. I have to work out some issues relating to the implementation of the controller disk before I do anything more with it. Not enough time and too many projects. It'll likely be years before I work on it again.

I say that only to say that it looks to me to be possible. If you're a techie that happens to know of a 16 way joystick and can program a microcontroller, you're in business. (An 8 way that allows for 2 adjacent "directions" to be active at the same time would probably work if such a thing exists.)

You would think that some enterprising company might offer the overlays for those.They are a real piece of junk on the originals

I think you are probably confusing the Sears Video Arcade II (Atarh 2800) with Sears Super Video Arcade (Intellivision). He's not referring to the 2800 "joystick + paddle in one" controller, just a normal Intellivison controller but in white which is from Sears.

I started a project once to map out the functions of an INTV2 controller with the idea of scratch-building a replacement. I have to work out some issues relating to the implementation of the controller disk before I do anything more with it. Not enough time and too many projects. It'll likely be years before I work on it again.

I say that only to say that it looks to me to be possible. If you're a techie that happens to know of a 16 way joystick and can program a microcontroller, you're in business. (An 8 way that allows for 2 adjacent "directions" to be active at the same time would probably work if such a thing exists.)

Now that I think about it...is an 8 way joystick just a 4 way that allows 2 adjacent directions to be active to represent diagonal movement? Never have seen much real arcade hardware.

Now that I think about it...is an 8 way joystick just a 4 way that allows 2 adjacent directions to be active to represent diagonal movement? Never have seen much real arcade hardware.

Probably. Every joystick I've ever taken apart (digital, anyway) only had four points of contact. Maybe, hypothetically, it would be possible to create a 16-way joystick/joypad by creating a board with eight points of contact?

I think you are probably confusing the Sears Video Arcade II (Atarh 2800) with Sears Super Video Arcade (Intellivision). He's not referring to the 2800 "joystick + paddle in one" controller, just a normal Intellivison controller but in white which is from Sears.

Yep,thats what I thought he meant.Keep forgetting about the sears branded one.

Overlays I was referring to were the cheezy plastic covers that go over the "flex" card.They all seem to be prone to cracking etc