Photo

GCC for the TI

302 replies to this topic

#301 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

River Patroller

• 4,622 posts

Posted Thu May 11, 2017 1:11 AM

Just as a note, I was able to use the install script to build this under the Linux Subsystem for Windows, except for the install step failed to find libc++. I didn't need that right now, so I just changed it not to build the c++ compiler, and it seemed to work. It was /really/ noisy, tons of pedantic warnings (all over the place, not just in the patches), but I didn't have to do anything special. Just wanted to try it and see if it worked better than Cygwin. ;)

#302 insomnia OFFLINE  

insomnia

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 67 posts

Posted Mon May 29, 2017 7:52 PM

Hey everyone,

I've got a new set of patches for the compiler to send out. It's pretty thin, but that's a good thing.

Here's what's new:

Fixed a multiplication bug reported by Chue, In come cases, the input arguments were clobbered leading to a wrong result.

Fixed incorrect instruction sizes. This will result in better optimized code.

Added .size directive to calculate function sizes. This is helpful during development.

Reduced size of the patch file. This makes it easier to understand which changes were made to the baseline.

I've updated the GCC installer to use this latest patch, and added an updated "hello world" program. This program no longer needs the elf2cart tool, makes improvements to the crt0 as well as fixing some bugs in the vdp_copy_from_sys function.

Honestly, there's not much else to say here. The compiler is pretty mature and stable at this point, but I'm always interested to hear of any problems or opportunities for improvement.

#303 chue OFFLINE  

chue

Star Raider

• 66 posts

Posted Mon May 29, 2017 8:44 PM

Awesome, looking forward to trying out the new patch!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users