GCC for the TI

354 replies to this topic

#351 TheBF OFFLINE  

• 518 posts

Posted Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 PM

Does anyone use CodeBlocks with the TI-99 GCC compiler?

It seems like a nice environment to work in.

#352 chue ONLINE  

Chopper Commander

• 175 posts

Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 AM

I don't have experience with CodeBlocks, but may give it a try now that you mention it. 

I have TI-GCC installed on a headless Linux server, and I've been looking for a way to do remote development from Windows.  It looks like CodeBlocks supports this using a plugin called Uniwin: https://softwarerecs...om/a/14178/3427

#353 unhuman OFFLINE  

• 1,196 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:00 AM

I've got things moving along.  I decided to start with a port of a friend's game.  I almost have the entire base compiling (leaving all the drawing / etc stuff todo).  It didn't like bool and declarations of the loop.  The assembler complained a ton, but I think I may not be using the correct one, although it did complain about joyst and a few other things.  I'm curious to see how big this thing is compiled - but I'll need the assembler output to verify.

If this works out fitting...  Pretty awesome.

#354 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

• 1,422 posts

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:48 AM

ubuntu 17.04 needs  apt-get install tree for install.sh

fails in make

Makefile:394: recipe for target 'bfd.info' failed

Makefile:1094: recipe for target 'info-recursive' failed
Makefile:3094: recipe for target 'all-bfd' failed
got it to build fine on my 16.04 machine.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The current prerequisites for a freshly installed Ubuntu 17.10.1 system appear to be:

sudo apt install build-essential libgmp-dev libmpfr-dev 

And then for some arcane reason, 'tree'  but you can change the install script to not need tree : ls -1 will do nicely instead. 

BINUTILS_PATCH=`ls -1 binutils-*.patch | tail -1`
GCC_PATCH=`ls -1 gcc-*.patch | tail -1`

or you can just install tree, it isn't on most, if any, current ubuntu distros by default. 

sudo apt install tree

Then, it will build away... however it will fail in the end with errors about not finding the 9900 version of the c++ while building some libiberty tests, and then report at the end, that it is successfully built. 

#355 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

• 1,422 posts

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:52 AM

Oh, I'll add, I couldn't get ubuntu 17.04 to install... or rather, once installed off media, there was a hell storm of 'oops-we-f'ed-this-up' and you have to hack the machine to get it to upgrade to 17.10 anyway... 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users