Photo

Super Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle

4 replies to this topic

#1 ColecoFan1981 OFFLINE  

ColecoFan1981

Chopper Commander

• 240 posts

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:52 AM

Does anyone remember the proposed Super Game wafer (and later the DDP version, also never released) version of Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle?

According to the second issue of ColecoVision Experience magazine, its synopsis is thus:

As if poor embattled Smurf didn't have enough troubles, now he's got snakes to fight. The super game also includes mountains to climb and other new scenes, plus a lot more graphic elements.

Also, the Super version, if released, would have played the proper Smurf theme song (as heard in the Saturday morning cartoon companion) at the beginning when the game starts, and after you lose your last Smurf.

~Ben

Edited by ColecoFan1981, Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 AM.

#2 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 5,607 posts

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:48 AM

I recall retroillucid once showed a few prototype screenshots scanned from a magazine...

#3 ColecoFan1981 OFFLINE  

ColecoFan1981

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 240 posts

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:00 AM

I recall retroillucid once showed a few prototype screenshots scanned from a magazine...

I'd love to see them; this way we can approximate how they would appear to look within the limits of the TMS9928A palette.

~Ben

#4 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• 5,350 posts
  • CollectorVision Games - Publishing Homebrew

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:45 AM

I'd love to see them; this way we can approximate how they would appear to look within the limits of the TMS9928A palette.

~Ben

Like others Waffer games, its actually a remake of the original with better graphics & some new level too

Here's a screenhot:

Attached Thumbnails

• Unreleased Super Smurf Waffer Screen.jpg

#5 ColecoFan1981 OFFLINE  

ColecoFan1981

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 240 posts

Posted Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:52 PM

~Ben

Like others Waffer games, its actually a remake of the original with better graphics & some new level too

Here's a screenhot:

Snow-covered mountains! Brrr... I wonder if Coleco had plans to include Grieg's "Anitra's Dance" as the music for this part of the game?

~Ben

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users