Idea: Asteroids Vs. Missile Command.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Nesbroslash OFFLINE  

Nesbroslash

Moonsweeper

• 460 posts
  • God of Dysfunction

Posted Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 AM

I got an interesting idea for a hack the other day. It goes like this: You either play as the ship dodging missiles and shooting asteroids, or you play as the missile commander shooting at UFOs and asteroids to defend the bases. The asteroids would come close to the bases and would still break into littler pieces like in the original game. Anyways, is this a workable hack, or would you have to make it into a homebrew?

#2 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Quadrunner

• 8,769 posts
  • \m/

Posted Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:04 AM

I got an interesting idea for a hack the other day. It goes like this: You either play as the ship dodging missiles and shooting asteroids, or you play as the missile commander shooting at UFOs and asteroids to defend the bases. The asteroids would come close to the bases and would still break into littler pieces like in the original game. Anyways, is this a workable hack, or would you have to make it into a homebrew?

I think you're first idea works better as the ship dodging asteroids and missiles while attacking the bases. I thought this was already done though in an early arcade game but I can't say for sure.

You could probably throw some power-ups in there like dual fire power, shields and maybe rescue people like in Lunar Rescue.

#3 Legend OFFLINE  

Legend

Moonsweeper

• 346 posts

Posted Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 PM

I would think that this would be more like a homebrew rather than a hack. Sounds like a cool idea too. If you play as the missile commander, I think it would be cool if you also had to defend the ship as it flies around and shoots asteroids. As a homebrew, both gameplay ideas might be possible as two different game modes. It also might make it possible for an interesting two-player mode too where one player is the missile commander and the other plays as the ship.

#4 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,061 posts

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:24 AM

IMO Astroblast was better.

#5 Nesbroslash OFFLINE  

Nesbroslash

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 460 posts
  • God of Dysfunction

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:44 PM

IMO Astroblast was better.

Crap, my idea is basically a knock-off of that. Thanks for the reminder.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users