IGNORED

Macintosh MacTablet (Summagraphics) and ThunderScan (Thunderware)

I’ve picked up some cool old Mac hardware that I know little about, but would like to know more. Unfortunately I do not have a system to test them on.

First is a MacTablet by Summagraphics. It’s a nice big tablet interface. It connects to the computer (or an adaptor box with two ps/2) via what is normally the ‘socket’ for a joystick. I plan to do some more googling, but does anyone know if I can use this with 8-bit Atari or C64 computers? I have the skills to make an ugly-but-functional cable if required.

Second is a ThunderScan by Thunderware. This is a scanner that was used in place of a printers ink cartridge, and looks like it was pretty sweet in its day.

Mostly I’d like to know if I can use the tablet with any of the drawing programs for A8 computers. Of course if either of them has significant value, I’d like to know that as well.

post-17508-127812773192_thumb.jpg

post-17508-12781277963_thumb.jpg

post-17508-127812782161_thumb.jpg

I used a Thunderscan with my SE/30 twenty years ago. For it's time it was a remarkably good scanner. It fit inside an Imagewriter printer in place of the ink ribbon; a clever setup.

Don't know anything about the tablet, or the value of any of that stuff.

You might try asking about your items over at the Mac 68k Liberation Army. You could also check for information at http://lowendmac.com.