IGNORED

Ature, my homebrew action adventure game for Atari 2600.

beoran

Just a heads up, that this game will be made again in a limited batch, following the instructions of the creative commons agreement. I emailed Beoran awhile back, and have decided to have the game for the Upcoming Cowlitz Gamers for Kids 2016 show. Albert has agreed to offer to do the boards for the show(Thank you so much). The completed game will include a plastic case, insert, cart, and some cool promo thing that I have not decided upon. Also included will be a cd that will include the rom, original manual, as well as hints, overworld pic etc. 100 percent of the proceeds will go to Childrens Justice & Advocacy Center.

This project was made possible by many people including Beoran, Albert, Atariage users TheLoon, Lord Thag and many more. The game will be sold at the show, with remaining copies being offered right here on the site first. As always I do not do holds or pre orders.

I am in for one copy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, that this game will be made again in a limited batch, following the instructions of the creative commons agreement. I emailed Beoran awhile back, and have decided to have the game for the Upcoming Cowlitz Gamers for Kids 2016 show. Albert has agreed to offer to do the boards for the show(Thank you so much). The completed game will include a plastic case, insert, cart, and some cool promo thing that I have not decided upon. Also included will be a cd that will include the rom, original manual, as well as hints, overworld pic etc. 100 percent of the proceeds will go to Childrens Justice & Advocacy Center.

This project was made possible by many people including Beoran, Albert, Atariage users TheLoon, Lord Thag and many more. The game will be sold at the show, with remaining copies being offered right here on the site first. As always I do not do holds or pre orders.

Awesome! I'll have to keep an eye out for that!

• Like 1

swlovin - was there only 15 copies made in 2010?

and will there be more than 15 made on the 2nd run?

• 2 weeks later...

swlovin - was there only 15 copies made in 2010?

and will there be more than 15 made on the 2nd run?

i am making 30 copies for Cowlitz Gamers Expo this year. Leftover copies will be sold here on Atariage. Connected to the project, I am searching for lightscribe CDs or DVDs is anyone has 35 or 40 they would like to sell me. The game has been already produced on PCB, I am currently cleaning 2600 shells. Artwork for the case will be done next week.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the special edition that will be released at the Cowltiz Gamers for Kids show. I went all out on this special release. I was able to work with a local vendor to produce a cloth map bonus of the overworld of the game. I also found a cool skeleton warrior pack in that I also will be included. I have made 31 copies for the game for the show, with the option to do a small second run batch of the game in the event that the demand is there. I ended up not individually numbering the game for many reasons. Below is the cart artwork, along with pics of the cloth map and skeleton warrior. The bonus DVD will include the original unaltered files that Beoran made. I will not sell this game earlier before the show, but will come here first to announce the extras after the show has ended. All proceeds of this game release will go to the Children s Justice and Advocacy Center in Kelso, WA.

post-7241-0-46373300-1456677870_thumb.jpg

post-7241-0-52200000-1456677927_thumb.jpg

post-7241-0-26509800-1456677941_thumb.jpg

Edited by swlovinist
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see someone is finally making carts of my game again! The label looks cool and cloth map seems to be a nice bonus as well. This might just be the best release on cart of Ature so far. I wish you all the best in selling them for the benefit of your preferred charity. :)

Edited by beoran
  • Like 1

Great to see someone is finally making carts of my game again! The label looks cool and cloth map seems to be a nice bonus as well. This might just be the best release on cart of Ature so far. I wish you all the best in selling them for the benefit of your preferred charity. :)

This means alot to me, thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first run is sold out. I am taking requests for a second run. So far I have five that want the second run. If the demand surpasses 20 people, I will do a second batch. All proceeds go to CJAC, which in turns pay for show operations/raw materials to fund more show exclusives such as shirts, games, flyers, etc that raise revenue. This last years show cleared so far $11,500 with a total raised over 6 years now totaling $46,000. Not bad for a one day game expo in Longview, WA.

• Like 1