IGNORED

Stadium Mud Buggies sells for 450

Rev

I had the idea that Tutankham was the most expensive game of Intellivision, that's why I was very amazed for an auction of one CIB ended recently at 92$ (Converted from GBP).

I got my Mud buggies cart only with Spiker, Hover force, Chip Shot, Thunder castle, Pole Position, World Championship Baseball (all cart only) and Venture, frogger and dreadnaugth factor CIB. all mencioned for 190$, a purchase locally 2 weeks ago.

So, what is the most Expensive Intellivision game rigth now? (official release), congo bongo has sold recently around 50$ and there´s no recent ebay history about Spiker.

I think the top three Intelli games (price-wise) are Spiker > Mud Buggies > Body Slam. Then you have stuff like Learning Fun I & II, Tutankham, Super Cobra, Congo Bongo, and World Series Baseball.

Tempest

also turbo and fathom,triple challenge,dig dug and diner being near or over the 100 range.

I'm not sure that's true of Diner anymore. I had one (granted, it was a loose copy) listed here in the Marketplace for $25, and it stayed there for weeks until I finally bundled it with an INTV III console on eBay.

I hope that Intellivision Productions notices the prices that these rare games are selling for. Maybe it will prompt them to proceed with their limited-edition cartridge reproductions, which will apparently include many of the most expensive titles mentioned here.

A recent Ebay auction, World Series Baseball CIB (in good shape) ended around 50$, I didn´t bid because i was assuming that the auction will end over a 100$.

The same who sell me the Spiker, got Super Pro wrestling, but the cart was opened and the game didn´t work (The latter version of the boards was more fragile, almost all the damage Games i´ve seen have the small chip covered iwith plastic). So i was very close to the perfect deal.

I think that the re-releases will be a separate collectible as well, So the collectors will buy the original and the new ones (I think like that myself). But I agree that can help lowering the avarage cost of the rare ones.

Maybe the INTV fans can collect signatures (or pre-orders) of the games we like to be re-relased, with the inclusion of the never-released titles.

Anyone had tried something like that?.

I think the top three Intelli games (price-wise) are Spiker > Mud Buggies > Body Slam. Then you have stuff like Learning Fun I & II, Tutankham, Super Cobra, Congo Bongo, and World Series Baseball.

Tempest

also turbo and fathom,triple challenge,dig dug and diner being near or over the 100 range.

I agree with Tempest on the rank of the first five then I'd place Super Series at number six, right between LF 1 and 2 and Tut/Cobra. I haven't seen many of that variation in the last couple of years and I suspect that's where it would place.

I'd probably place Turbo ahead of World Series as there seems to have been a fair amount of them lately while there have been very few CIB Turbo's.

Oh, and by the way I have a loose Stadium Mud Buggies I might be willing to part with....icon_ponder.gif

What about Mountain madness? and Super Pro Decathlon? If the mud buggies is number 2 and reach 450, what could be the price for a spiker?

I have a copy of Super Pro Decathlon in my trade box right now. It's hard to come by for sure, but not in the same tier as the big ones. Same deal with Mountain Madness.

A boxed Spiker can go for over $1000. Don't know about loose.

Tempest

What about Mountain madness? and Super Pro Decathlon? If the mud buggies is number 2 and reach 450, what could be the price for a spiker?

I have a copy of Super Pro Decathlon in my trade box right now. It's hard to come by for sure, but not in the same tier as the big ones. Same deal with Mountain Madness.

Tempest

Bang on. Decathlon and Mountain Madness could fetch $100 in really nice condition, in the same range as Dig Dug and Diner, but a step down from the others, and Spiker has gone for above $1000 in the past and would certainly sell that high again if ever there was one listed, much to all of our chagrin.icon_mrgreen.gif

Tempest

Bang on. Decathlon and Mountain Madness could fetch $100 in really nice condition, in the same range as Dig Dug and Diner, but a step down from the others, and Spiker has gone for above $1000 in the past and would certainly sell that high again if ever there was one listed, much to all of our chagrin.icon_mrgreen.gif

Well, the spiker I get was the cart only, but anyway was a super deal several games for 190$. I get Mountain madness and decathlon cart only for 1.5$, Diner and Dig Dug i get those when i was a child, i don´t remember how much, but was very cheap (I bougth the two used).

BTW, what is chagrin?

BTW, what is chagrin?

http://dictionary.re.../browse/chagrin

cha·grin   [shuh-grin] Show IPA noun, verb, -grined or -grinned, -grin·ing or -grin·ning.

–noun

a feeling of vexation, marked by disappointment or humiliation.

thanks for the clarification, it was a term so unfamilar that i have to ask. to return you the favor, ask me any doubts you have with spanish.

BTW, what is chagrin?

http://dictionary.re.../browse/chagrin

cha·grin   [shuh-grin] Show IPA noun, verb, -grined or -grinned, -grin·ing or -grin·ning.

–noun

a feeling of vexation, marked by disappointment or humiliation.

thanks for the clarification, it was a term so unfamilar that i have to ask. to return you the favor, ask me any doubts you have with spanish.

To be honest, I never knew the actual definition. I assumed it was like regret.

When something about spanish comes up I'll let you know. Thanks!

Tempest

Well, the spiker I get was the cart only, but anyway was a super deal several games for 190$. I get Mountain madness and decathlon cart only for 1.5$, Diner and Dig Dug i get those when i was a child, i don´t remember how much, but was very cheap (I bougth the two used).

BTW, what is chagrin?

Ed, you got a great deal on that lot of games! icon_thumbsup.gif

Ed, you got a great deal on that lot of games! icon_thumbsup.gif

The only thing who help me make the deal was that mud buggies and Spiker weren´t on Ebay at the time.

But I miss: Boxed Mountain madness, and Mint boxed Championship tennis (mine is not mint), they where on ebay at costly buy it now.

cmart, do you think we can make some deals? I´m not expected to be as good as that one!, LOL

Got my $450 Mud Buggies today and it is in great shape, most importantly the box is in great shape, nearly flawless. icon_lust.gif

After 11 years of near misses on a CIB Stadium, and a tax refund that arrived the same day I saw this auction, I just thought WTF and did it. icon_mrgreen.gif No regrets.

I'm happy to get that off my CIB list. A few more to go to complete my CIB collection.

Got my $450 Mud Buggies today and it is in great shape, most importantly the box is in great shape, nearly flawless. icon_lust.gif

After 11 years of near misses on a CIB Stadium, and a tax refund that arrived the same day I saw this auction, I just thought WTF and did it. icon_mrgreen.gif No regrets.

I'm happy to get that off my CIB list. A few more to go to complete my CIB collection.

Sometimes you pay extra for the condition. this one was in great shape.

Sometimes you pay extra for the condition. this one was in great shape.

Yup, glad I did, no need to replace it later on. Not looking forward to trying to get Spiker CIB....icon_neutral.gif

I just thought WTF and did it. No regrets.

that's the way to think icon_wink.gif

if you have the budget....why not !!!!

Thanks Max! I like to think of it as a gift from Revenue Canada, kinda funny my tax refund came in literally minutes before I saw the auction. It seemed like it was meant to be. icon_mrgreen.gif