IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

Cool, thanks. That explains why alexkidd wouldn't run in classic99, I don't have a header in the last bank (I haven't put headers in the banks that are only padding). That's easy enough to fix.

You can always use the debugger, too, to see what Bank Classic99 has selected. it's in the rightmost column right above 'DSR', and is a 6 digit hex string, like so: BANK 007000

The first three digits are the bank mask, and represent how large the cartridge ROM is. It's the maximum value that can be selected. The second three digits are the currently selected bank (in terms of what address was last written to select). Both are in hex. I needed to move to three digits each (used to be two) when I added support for 32MB carts, since that requires 12 bits. :)

A note on 378s. I've tested about 500 of them now and most of them start in either the first or the last bank (I use the ones that hit other start addresses for UberGROM boards), so it is probably a good idea to have your startup code in both of those banks, as that will hit successfully on every cartridge board I build.

As a matter of practice I try to put the header in every bank on stuff I build. It's not only the powerup state you have to consider, but the state of the cartridge if the user resets while you're running, in which case you're left in whatever bank was active. Power cycling is worth avoiding, and it only takes a few bytes (I usually reserve 32).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a sound issue, win7, I had sound till I was playing bouncy and it got one garbled speech out and then went silent after that.

I've rebooted, changed sound setting changed volume, have NO SOUND in classic99 at all.. sounds work in windows notifications and google music..shrug ..

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I know sometimes99, however I thought having classic99 is what most visitors of the site are interested in. And that direct link I provided works now as well.

Okay. And whenever I've tried the link you supplied, I got and still get the Internal Server Error. I guess it's ongoing (the repair) and more or less harmless.

;)

Edited by sometimes99er

Correct. It's not settable in Classic99 because I was hoping to discourage software that assumes a startup bank and encourage software that works regardless. ;)

Agreed. But having produced a cartridge image, I was rather hoping there might be a way to actually test and confirm that it does indeed start correctly in each bank.

• Like 1

Agreed. But having produced a cartridge image, I was rather hoping there might be a way to actually test and confirm that it does indeed start correctly in each bank.

Fair enough! But you can set the cartridge to any bank you want using the debugger (C60xx=1, normal write with side effects, not overwrite ROM). Do so on the master title page and you will see if the cart works (since it's not scanned until you press a key to continue).

• Like 2

Fair enough! But you can set the cartridge to any bank you want using the debugger (C60xx=1, normal write with side effects, not overwrite ROM). Do so on the master title page and you will see if the cart works (since it's not scanned until you press a key to continue).

Excellent solution! Thanks Tursi.

Hi Tursi, we are in the same boat. My server also crashed, got a new motherboard (under warranty luckily) and

installed Windows 30 now ... (3x Windows 10...). Also lost my whole MESS installation (should go to MAME anyway,

but I liked the graphics in QMC2)

Classic99:

Main question: Classic99 v386 shows Rasmus TI-Scramble again with the Blue airplane (in JS99er.net it is still a white airplane)

I think it is a combination of Classic99 and Windows 10, because now also v381, v382 show a blue airplane (it used to be white in

Classic v382 on Windows 7 64-bit systems). I recall you know what the solution is, something with the sprites coding I believe.