Photo

Classic99 Updates

1479 replies to this topic

#1476 Retrospect OFFLINE  

Retrospect

Stargunner

• 1,041 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:50 AM

If this is an issue at my end, I would not be surprised at all.  There's something wrong with this PC but then I got it cheap. Maybes one of my RAM chips is on the turn.  It identifies having 2gb of ram though when I go to the specs thing in the settings.  Gawd knows.  

#1477 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,580 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:17 AM

If this is an issue at my end, I would not be surprised at all.  There's something wrong with this PC but then I got it cheap. Maybes one of my RAM chips is on the turn.  It identifies having 2gb of ram though when I go to the specs thing in the settings.  Gawd knows.  

Easy to run memtest.. boot a ubuntu CD or USB and pick memtest..

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

#1478 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,231 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:44 PM

I don't see a PC problem there, either. You're looking for a really narrowly defined data structure. If the data was malformed or corrupt, the loop will only check every third byte in VDP memory and one of them has to be a '3' or it will just fall out - that's unlikely. The spin loop is more likely. I think you just have a bug in your TI code, cause that's a strange structure. Why not post the actual code and comments for what it's trying to do?

#1479 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 3,303 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:17 PM

Easy to run memtest.. boot a ubuntu CD or USB and pick memtest..

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Exactly what I did to find my bad RAM STICK.

But under OS X I can rip off Linux apps and run them.

#1480 Willie1914 OFFLINE  

Willie1914

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 1:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I've just downloaded the latest version of Classic99 and I'm getting a (generic, I believe) warning from Windows Defender.  

I think that that last version of Classic99 that I have running on my Windows 10 laptop is two version old, and it didn't spawn this warning.

I assume that everything is fine with the download, and am hoping this has something to do with the last series of updates from MicroSoft.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Willie

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users