IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

If this is an issue at my end, I would not be surprised at all. There's something wrong with this PC but then I got it cheap. Maybes one of my RAM chips is on the turn. It identifies having 2gb of ram though when I go to the specs thing in the settings. Gawd knows.

Easy to run memtest.. boot a ubuntu CD or USB and pick memtest..

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If this is an issue at my end, I would not be surprised at all. There's something wrong with this PC but then I got it cheap. Maybes one of my RAM chips is on the turn. It identifies having 2gb of ram though when I go to the specs thing in the settings. Gawd knows.

I don't see a PC problem there, either. You're looking for a really narrowly defined data structure. If the data was malformed or corrupt, the loop will only check every third byte in VDP memory and one of them has to be a '3' or it will just fall out - that's unlikely. The spin loop is more likely. I think you just have a bug in your TI code, cause that's a strange structure. Why not post the actual code and comments for what it's trying to do?

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I've just downloaded the latest version of Classic99 and I'm getting a (generic, I believe) warning from Windows Defender.

I think that that last version of Classic99 that I have running on my Windows 10 laptop is two version old, and it didn't spawn this warning.

I assume that everything is fine with the download, and am hoping this has something to do with the last series of updates from MicroSoft.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Willie

You're likely to get a warning the first time you run it because it's not signed, and Windows is drifting that way. (I've looked into a software signing key, but still trying to justify the cost). If you have any doubt whatsoever I am happy to recommend the virustotal website - you can scan the zip file from from my own website without downloading it, or upload your own copy to be verified. -- https://www.virustotal.com

As of the current build, VirusTotal hadn't analyzed the file for about six months, so I asked it to reanalyze, and it's still claiming clean.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/054e3950300d979200bfb950b992fcd6b26dc51f8d0f85c0d32c0c2c3427dbb0/detection

I get the concern, though... these days, you really can't trust anything. :/

• Like 2

What worries me is that windows may try to enforce mandatory application signing.

Essentially they are trying to make it so that unless you download from a source microsoft themselves approve of then you will not be able to run it.

(that is where i see windows heading by 5 years from now)

I am still sticking back on windows 8, and have no plans to go to a newer windows version.

Edited by jrhodes

I just gave up on version numbers myself and the version is now year.

No more versions between years.

Personally my files are Time stamped now.

*                        GROM HEADER
       GROM >6000
       AORG 0
       DATA >AA12      * VALID GROM / VERSION 18
       DATA >0100      * (FUTURE EXPANSION)
       DATA >0000      * POWERUP
       DATA XBCART     * PROGRAMS
       DATA >0000      * DSR 
       DATA LINK1      * CALL
       DATA >0000      * INTERUPT
       DATA >0000      * BASIC CALL

Unlikely >12 in Hex or 18 in Decimal will ever reach >63 or the year 2099 unless I live to be 145 years old, would be nice, but unlikely.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Bugfix for CRU timer - 399.004

-reset more of CRU on menu-reset
-add 9901 timer to the debug register pane
-don't reset the 9901 timer every time you leave timer mode (fix for CamelForth)
-more disk DSR warnings (hate that disk DSR so much...)
-allow the disk corruption break option to catch the DSR warnings too
-update manual for 9901 line
-no longer UPX packing the exe
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Should be okay now, thanks for letting me know! Was a combination of things - upgrade to Apache 2.2 a week or so ago broke a lot of configuration, and I missed some relative to the rewrite rules (so if you clicked your way in, Classic99 came up, but if you used the direct URL, it broke). Also one of the script files was corrupt - I have a macro-enabled keyboard, and it looks like just as I was saving the script file, I bumped one of the macro keys.

Odd, scripts don't work when they start with "Rainbow #!/bin/python" ;) My bad for not testing that part correctly.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this is the place for this... but:

I'm trying to install Classic99 on my son's Win10 Home laptop.

It is a 64 bit computer with 2GB of RAM running on an Intel Ceeron 1.60GHz professor.

I get this and nothing else when I try to launch. The folder was extracted to a folder in the root of C:/

Any help you could offer would be great!

post-24953-0-11352900-1544072978_thumb.jpeg