1545 replies to this topic

#1526 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:38 PM

For the cassette support... I tried it here but it just reports no data found. I don't remember changing anything on the cassette side, but old tapes I tested with are broken too. I'll add it to the list but it's not in the release I'm about to post. ;)

#1527 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:39 PM

Classicc 399.005

-fix user carts so more than 100 could be loaded
-change cartridge memory from static to allocated
-fix large cartridge types
-minor AMS tweaks
-add ability to disable bitmap layers
-read windows text files without line feeds (like xas99 emits)
-allow headerless files to open as DF128 or IF128
-additional debug for some exotic disk tracking methods

https://github.com/t...aster/readme.md

HarmlessLion is not yet updated.

#1528 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• 1,451 posts

Posted Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 PM

I already rewrote the sound system, several years ago. First I've heard about clicks and buzzes - can you get me a recording?

I can try, I honestly attribute it more to Windows drivers than Classic99. Sometimes Classic99 takes a moment to start up, and you can visibly hear the "pop" when the sound abruptly comes on. I'll see if I can get a more consistent repro.

#1529 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 PM

I can try, I honestly attribute it more to Windows drivers than Classic99. Sometimes Classic99 takes a moment to start up, and you can visibly hear the "pop" when the sound abruptly comes on. I'll see if I can get a more consistent repro.

Oh, well, that's normal. I wouldn't expect it on a reset though. I shifted the audio emulation some time ago (like, a decade) to offset the voltage. If it's bugging people, though, I can ramp into it instead of snapping to it, or try going back to zero-centered (I can't remember anymore why I changed it.. noise I think).

#1530 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:46 AM

And Classic99 .006 is up there now, fixed CS1 reads (and I think shouldn't break Camel99Forth, but I can't find that particular test case).

#1531 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• 4,203 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:38 AM

I already rewrote the sound system, several years ago. First I've heard about clicks and buzzes - can you get me a recording?

Well, I'm not having that problem with anything else. And it started with Classic99 some moons ago. I thought it to be part of "moving closer to the real thing". Honestly a bit annoying. If at least "resetting" didn't do it. As with MAME, you could make noises for the discs, and perhaps also for keys and joystick. Nice touch. Good fun, but I'd probably turn it off.

:)

#1532 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:46 AM

It's definitely not intentional, and it's definitely the audio ramping from 0 up to the 9919 midpoint. Nobody ever mentioned it bothering them! I'll take a peek at it next time I have a few minutes to spare... I should at least be able to add ramps to prevent the click, if for some reason centering back on zero doesn't work.

And yeah, like I said in that thread, I don't intend to create hardware noises. How do I know what kind of floppy drive you have attached? ;) Classic99 is for development, not nostalgia.

#1533 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• 4,203 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:56 AM

It's definitely not intentional, and it's definitely the audio ramping from 0 up to the 9919 midpoint. Nobody ever mentioned it bothering them! I'll take a peek at it next time I have a few minutes to spare... I should at least be able to add ramps to prevent the click, if for some reason centering back on zero doesn't work.

And yeah, like I said in that thread, I don't intend to create hardware noises. How do I know what kind of floppy drive you have attached? ;) Classic99 is for development, not nostalgia.

Excellent. Thanks.  :thumbsup:

#1534 Retrospect OFFLINE  

Retrospect

Stargunner

• 1,139 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:13 AM

;) Classic99 is for development, not nostalgia.

Oh, darn! I was hoping you'd emulate randomly faulty chips forcing the user to download a new classic99 :P

#1535 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Technomancer

• 5,931 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:20 AM

Oh, darn! I was hoping you'd emulate randomly faulty chips forcing the user to download a new classic99 :P

Or inject random failures based upon installation age to emulate failed capacitors, static-zapped chips, etc.

#1536 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,848 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:32 AM

In a way we have that with all emulators. They gain accuracy as they are developed over the years. Early versions may have failed audio or graphic errors..

#1537 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:37 PM

I think that happens every few releases just by fluke. ;)

#1538 JB OFFLINE  

JB

Quadrunner

• 9,284 posts
  • With Stereo-Of-The-Art-Sound

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 PM

Download multiple copies and swap files between them until you have a single working install.

Edited by JB, Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 PM.

#1539 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 PM

In a way we have that with all emulators. They gain accuracy as they are developed over the years. Early versions may have failed audio or graphic errors..

Speaking of... I found this fairly old version of Ami99 a while back - enjoy. ;)

Attached File  ami99.olddist.zip   170.26KB   16 downloads

#1540 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Technomancer

• 5,931 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:51 PM

Speaking of... I found this fairly old version of Ami99 a while back - enjoy. ;)

attachicon.gifami99.olddist.zip

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.

#1541 Retrospect OFFLINE  

Retrospect

Stargunner

• 1,139 posts

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:39 PM

Attached File  ami99wow.png   123.02KB   2 downloads

lol!  I've heard some 99/4's had this problem.  

#1542 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• 4,203 posts

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:53 AM

Small request. The Debugger. There’s 2 input fields, Breakpoint and Edit. Edit accepts Enter as an alternative to clicking Apply. I would like Breakpoint to do the same - have Enter act like clicking Add. I know Alt + A will Add.

:)

#1543 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 PM

The problem there is that I'm using the default windows controls, and a form can only have one default enter action. I think.

It's on the list, but may be a while before I can get to it. I'll double check my assumption at least!

#1544 PeteE OFFLINE  

PeteE

Chopper Commander

• 205 posts

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:50 PM

Would you be able to determine which input control had focus when enter was pressed, and do the breakpoint or edit actions based on that?  (I've been wanting this feature for some time too, been using "tab,space" to hit the add button.  Didn't know about Alt-A)

#1545 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,498 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:21 PM

Would you be able to determine which input control had focus when enter was pressed, and do the breakpoint or edit actions based on that?  (I've been wanting this feature for some time too, been using "tab,space" to hit the add button.  Didn't know about Alt-A)

hmm.. that might be a nice workaround!

It bugs me too. But most of the debug GUI annoyances I've been putting aside until I can split it up.

#1546 .mad. OFFLINE  

.mad.

Combat Commando

• 9 posts

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:52 AM

How and what file did you run from FW?

I found a few problems with the code. The first is the loader trying to load beyond the VDP memory limits. The second and more difficult to track down is a DSR pointer (0x8356) which is being set wrong either by the loader or a device. In fact, the second program has a kludge to fix the filename, which may be the reason Myarc cards failed, and the reason the filenames have a duplicated first character.

Regardless, I am now able to successfully load the program in Classic99 and on the Geneve (with a Myarc card!) with no problems. I'm still not sure where the value is set wrong, though so far it -appears- to be a problem with the Millers Graphics DSRLNK/GPLLNK or the 4A ROM code. The mystery will have to wait until I have another chance to dig further...

Thanks to Tursi for verifying some Classic99 information and for running through the code following some initial conjecture.

Hi,

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

But can you PLEASE upload the fixed image of Adventures in Dinosaurland, which works in classic99.

Many thanks.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users