IGNORED

Skull Island - limited edition in real hand carved wood case!

yuppicide

Let me speak to them and present your issue/s. I'll see what they say and in advance thanks a lot. We'll work something out and I'll let you know.

EDIT: I sent them a message. Since the project still has about 30 something days left, we'll have enough time to get it worked out.

I asked them what to do and if it's not possible they should add that. If it's not doable right now maybe I can have them manually edit the $28 one to say 1 backer and take off 1 from the quantity.

Edited by yuppicide

"Thanks for writing. If he chooses a different reward tier, then that other reward will be available. And each account can only pledge once per project. If he wants to make multiple $1 pledges, he will have to create a new account for each."

I'm gonna take it to someone else there.. don't know why they'd want to limit you to only one pledge. I mean, let's say a millionaire comes along and wants to donate $50,000, I'm not gonna turn him away if he wants to buy every copy.

I spoke with the guy who runs Gamesniped.com. He's really nice. I believe he'll be featuring something about my project on his page.

I took some pictures of the cartridge case we'll be recreating in wood and put them up on the Kickstarter page. I'm sure most of you have seen the inside and outside of a case, but maybe some people haven't.

Also, if anyone who's been to Kickstarter has any suggestions for improvement, I'm going to shoot them an email with all suggestions in one. I already suggested the idea of being able to donate more than once using the same account. My ideas were:

Forum - A community where members can help with the website, share ideas, etc.

When adding pictures you should be able to insert them anywhere you want in your post in any order. Currently they all go at the end in the order you uploaded them.

I'll ship anywhere, but I only have NTSC versions of the game. Unfortunately, though, I chose Kickstarter as my avenue because I could raise the needed money to produce the cartridges without having to put out all of the money myself up front. I never seem to have it. :(

So, this way people pay up front, I'll put up some money to get the prototypes made. The transaction goes through Amazon Payments. So, the payment is secure. If the funding does not come through then the project is canceled then everyone receives a refund.

If the funding does come through, I finish up the project and send to everyone.

.... here's what I am going to do though.. if it gets near the end of the funding and nobody has funded, I'm going to sign up for an account and put whatever money I can in, because I still have every intention to see this project through. Then I'll take the copies myself and sell them off through here via PayPal / Money Order.

If the guy carving the cases out of wood for me, can do them at the price point he says he might be able to, then the boxes are going to be really really nice. I can't mention the surprise just yet.

For those of you who don't want to sign up for a Kick Starter account, I have a solution. It's the only solution right now.

I can REDUCE the amount of any one "reward" as long as I don't go lower than what people have already claimed. So, if there's 9 of something left I can reduce the quantity by up to 9.

So, I can open another account myself, for those who don't want to open an account.. I'd have to do it in my Girlfriends name since I can't send money to myself. Then, whatever someone wants I donate that money and lower the qty by whatever you bought.

The only reason I have this on Kick Starter is because the wood cartridges are expensive to build each and I didn't have the money up front to pay the guy for everything. I've already shelled out $100 bucks of my own cash. The cartridge arrived today at the wood carver and I hope to have a prototype to show soon. I think once the prototype picture/s come people will be more interested.

If Kick Starter funding doesn't get 100%, I'm still going ahead with everything. The guy says he'll be able to make the carts out of wood, but if for some reason he can't every thing is refunded to people and the regular editions are still produced.

Keepin the thread alive with an update:

From the wood carver:

I just purchased the wood yesterday for the case. We'll be setting up the jig tomorrow to cut the first one and make all the adjustments to the case. I'll keep you posted and up date you tomorrow after we're done working on it.

• 1 month later...

Well, I haven't had an update in awhile, so I thought I'd let everyone know since I just talked to the wood guy.

His Father is home from the hospital, so that's a good thing. Still a little weak, but it's better than being in a hospital.

He says "I will definitely be mailing you out the pro type by Tuesday. It's a promise. Your first on my list to get done." ----- We'll see. I'm very patient and understanding, but on the other hand I dropped a bunch of money on someone I don't know personally. He seems like a genuine guy from the start, so I'm not worried.

The wood end up being used is Red Oak. It's the only wood that was clean and strong enough to keep in form. Maple and Cherry split when trying to make the tabs that hold the cartridge in place.

It took longer to make the tooling than it takes to make the cartridge. They built special tooling to keep the correct tolerances for the cartridges. It will be easy to reproduce them in the future now.

I hope to have pics on Sunday or Monday when he coats and packs it.

I might be go to have this prototype shipped to me tomorrow!

He was asking me today if the games get hot after they run awhile. Animan replied that after a few hours it might be a little warm, but shouldn't be a problem with the wood. He wanted to make sure in case we needed to leave a little more room inside the case so we don't have some XBOX 360 RROD's on our hands lol.

• 6 months later...