IGNORED

NEW OLD GAME FOR ATARI JAGUAR

Gaztee

Congratulations on the great looking and professional packaging! :)

While I personally don't care much for the proto itself, I think it's amazing to hear that you found a good way to produce original looking Jaguar packaging and I can imagine how much effort and money that costs to get together. Hats off to you.

And while I don't buy unreleased protos such as AvP, IS, BIWN, FFL, Spacewar, all those sports games that are produced and sold, I hate to see these dual standards. On one hand people are happy about these releases I just mentioned and at least show their appreciation, if not celebrate the releases. On the other hand, I see this very negative feedback from a few people on this release. What's up with that?

I think this release looks a lot more professional in terms of packaging, manual and so on.

Just like I don't understand why some people are actually flaming new games if it's not their cup of tea...

If you don't like it, fine, but why is it necessary to badmouth the hard work involved?

There are many games out there I can't stand, but others love them. They know what they're buying and they know what they're getting. If they enjoy it, fine. I don't see a point to badmouth it, if it's just not my cup of tea. The least I can do is appreciate the hard work.

What I'm trying to say is, while aircars is not my kind of game and I don't have the money to spend on it, I know there are people who like this release. Even if it's just curiosity, for collecting sake or to support the hard work that went into the authentic packaging. I appreciate this work that was done for the community and the least anyone could do is show their support or let those who enjoy it, well, enjoy it.

It comes down to the fact that someone is soliciting their product on this forum, of which I am also a member. Am I or am I not allowed to comment, this time negatively, on this product? If someone is pushing their wares here for sale, then they better be able to handle the criticism, and I think Gaztee, more than the defenders has handled the critique handily on his own.

What is with this high brow group think that if you don't like it, don't say anything? Why not just resort to Obama politics and label me a racist to completely end the discussion?

Edited by Gunstarhero
  • Like 4

Congratulations on the great looking and professional packaging! :)

While I personally don't care much for the proto itself, I think it's amazing to hear that you found a good way to produce original looking Jaguar packaging and I can imagine how much effort and money that costs to get together. Hats off to you.

And while I don't buy unreleased protos such as AvP, IS, BIWN, FFL, Spacewar, all those sports games that are produced and sold, I hate to see these dual standards. On one hand people are happy about these releases I just mentioned and at least show their appreciation, if not celebrate the releases. On the other hand, I see this very negative feedback from a few people on this release. What's up with that?

I think this release looks a lot more professional in terms of packaging, manual and so on.

Just like I don't understand why some people are actually flaming new games if it's not their cup of tea...

If you don't like it, fine, but why is it necessary to badmouth the hard work involved?

There are many games out there I can't stand, but others love them. They know what they're buying and they know what they're getting. If they enjoy it, fine. I don't see a point to badmouth it, if it's just not my cup of tea. The least I can do is appreciate the hard work.

What I'm trying to say is, while aircars is not my kind of game and I don't have the money to spend on it, I know there are people who like this release. Even if it's just curiosity, for collecting sake or to support the hard work that went into the authentic packaging. I appreciate this work that was done for the community and the least anyone could do is show their support or let those who enjoy it, well, enjoy it.

It comes down to the fact that someone is soliciting their product on this forum, of which I am also a member. Am I or am I not allowed to comment, this time negatively, on this product? If someone is pushing their wares here for sale, then they better be able to handle the criticism, and I think Gaztee, more than the defenders has handled the critique handily on his own.

What is with this high brow group think that if you don't like it, don't say anything? Why not just resort to Obama politics and label me a racist to completely end the discussion?

I've no problem with you not wanting to buy the game. Its clear that people in the community as a whole want different things! Not everyone has access to a skunkboard, alpine, or flashcart on which to play a ROM of this release. So how else can somebody play this??

I know that Aircars is not one of the better Jag games, but I personally have enjoyed all 3 versions of it that I've played. This version for me, is interesting because it plays different to the final ICD release. I find it cool to see how a game has evolved during the process of getting it to release.

The uptake of other Betas has shown that there are more than a few other people who feel the same! As Marco wanted other jaguar fans to enjoy the game, we have gone down this road to allow everyone who owns a Jaguar the opportunity to own this version. Yes in a perfect world we all want brand new Jag games, but sometimes its also nice to see how the games we know (& love??) came to be.

It was also nice for you to say the box looked good - thanks! :love:

If you had personally backed a retro computer/console project (think a very small and limited market) and people started saying you've wasted your time, its crap, etc. etc. and its something you believed in I doubt you'd want to do another one.

IF people are truly in it for the passion of the hobby - they wouldn't care about paying themselves a certain amount. Make no mistake about that. Exactly what I did when I sold that original run of 50 TI-99/4A discs waaaay back in the late 90's with Scott Adams blessing. $10 each including shipping with fancy jewel case inserts I edited and them compiled on a CD-R burnt at single speed mind you. $75+ for this is way up there and I agree largely with Gunstarhero. I also agree that people are free to charge what they want, etc. But selling or rationalizing this under a banner of unprofitability insults the intelligence of an already crippled, fractured and damaged community. It's both a sad and great day for the Jaguar once again.

Yes the box is cool. Yes the manual is nice. Yes the overlay is great. But $87 shipped to Estados Unidos? Only *you* can make that kind of a decision while you're children are sleepin' and your puppy is crappin'. (sorry, couldn't help but think of this Zappa tune while on the subject of a Jaguar Beta Air Cars :)

BTW: Whatever happened to that other Beta or Prototype Air Cars that Grant and Co. were working on that was only supposed to be $10-$20? Did it morph into this?

Edited by save2600

If you had personally backed a retro computer/console project (think a very small and limited market) and people started saying you've wasted your time, its crap, etc. etc. and its something you believed in I doubt you'd want to do another one.

IF people are truly in it for the passion of the hobby - they wouldn't care about paying themselves a certain amount. Make no mistake about that. Exactly what I did when I sold that original run of 50 TI-99/4A discs waaaay back in the late 90's with Scott Adams blessing. $10 each including shipping with fancy jewel case inserts I edited and them compiled on a CD-R burnt at single speed mind you. $75+ for this is way up there and I agree largely with Gunstarhero. I also agree that people are free to charge what they want, etc. But selling or rationalizing this under a banner of unprofitability insults the intelligence of an already crippled, fractured and damaged community. It's both a sad and great day for the Jaguar once again.

Yes the box is cool. Yes the manual is nice. Yes the overlay is great. But $87 shipped to Estados Unidos? Only *you* can make that kind of a decision while you're children are sleepin' and your puppy is crappin'. (sorry, couldn't help but think of this Zappa tune while on the subject of a Jaguar Beta Air Cars :)

BTW: Whatever happened to that other Beta or Prototype Air Cars that Grant and Co. were working on that was only supposed to be $10-$20? Did it morph into this?

No idea what that proto is about & thanks for the words of wisdom about the profitability of this effort. The shipped price i2 $2 more than Madbodies was & that was shipped FROM the USA!! Maybe you can do things more efficiently & make a tidy sum, I wish that was the case. And if that insults your intelligence then so be it. You go and do it for less, burning CD's ain't like putting together a cart! :roll:

• Like 1

No idea what that proto is about & thanks for the words of wisdom about the profitability of this effort. The shipped price i2 $2 more than Madbodies was & that was shipped FROM the USA!! Maybe you can do things more efficiently & make a tidy sum, I wish that was the case. And if that insults your intelligence then so be it. You go and do it for less, burning CD's ain't like putting together a cart! :roll:

CD burning in the 90's *was* an expensive prospect. Cost of the CD's and the burner itself were nowhere as cheap as they are today. But... I was not directly (economy of scale wise) comparing what I did to your project - sorry you took it that way. And I didn't make a tidy sum is the thing. Not at all. This is all moot anyway. If people have come to expect to pay or can rationalize the $75+ cost of each and every "new" Atari Jaguar offering - so be it. I hope you do well and that people are satisfied with their purchases :)

Damn thing will probably end up being worth 10x it's price to the good folks on ePay someday. lmao!

Atari Jaguar: screw the gameplay, it's all about the investment! -SS4U

Edited by save2600

CD burning in the 90's *was* an expensive prospect. Cost of the CD's and the burner itself were nowhere as cheap as they are today. But... I was not directly (economy of scale wise) comparing what I did to your project - sorry you took it that way. And I didn't make a tidy sum is the thing. Not at all. This is all moot anyway. If people have come to expect to pay or can rationalize the $75+ cost of each and every "new" Atari Jaguar offering - so be it. I hope you do well and that people are satisfied with their purchases :)

Damn thing will probably end up being worth 10x it's price to the good folks on ePay someday. lmao!

Atari Jaguar: screw the gameplay, it's all about the investment! -SS4U

Maybe I took your comments the wrong way? If so, then I apologise. You are likely right that on ePay they will probably end up at stupid prices. I have already had an email about somebody quoting silly price!! :thumbsdown: That's why if possible I would like to get as many out there as are required, but as this is a team effort, its not going to be solely down to me! But I'll nag like a bastard to try & make this happen! :ponder:

Got mine :)

This is a nice production!

Box: Very good quality. Looks just like a regular Jaguar game only this has really nice gloss print on nice bright card, decent weight.

Cart: Again, very nice. 3rd party cart shell, very nice label with embossed/reflective print.

Keypad overlay: Again, really nice gloss print, heavier card stock than the box & embossed for the buttons.

Manual: Seems just like a regular jaguar game book until you notice the better quality paper & printing.

Game: Not tried it yet, right in the middle of something that can't wait.

Overall: Wow - very high quality production - congratulations to everyone involved. And special delivery, too, bonus!

I'm stuck in the game and I tried to call the help line as mentioned in the "Aircars 94" manual. But both numbers are not working.

Please advice.

Oh, and the letter I sent to "Atari House, Slough. SL2 5BZ" to join the Official Jaguar Club came back undelivered. Is the address in the "Aircars 94" manual misprinted?

:D :D :D :D

• Like 3

I'm stuck in the game and I tried to call the help line as mentioned in the "Aircars 94" manual. But both numbers are not working.

Please advice.

Oh, and the letter I sent to "Atari House, Slough. SL2 5BZ" to join the Official Jaguar Club came back undelivered. Is the address in the "Aircars 94" manual misprinted?

:D :D :D :D

Just for a second there I was worried :twisted: ;)

Can someone explain to me the benefits of owning such a poorly programmed, disgustingly ugly, unofficial Jaguar game? This is not a comment on the packaging, as that is the only good thing about it.

I apologize for the harshness, but the past couple of years the Jaguar has become a horrible breeding ground for people to just advertise and release any piece of shit they can come up with. Oh boy a beta of Aircars, BFD.

hahaha! LMAO...thats awsome

• Like 1