IGNORED

Search for Batari's 4 way scroll example/game

Gemintronic

Didn't Batari make a 4 way scrolling car maze example? I know his SuperBug demo does 4 way scrolling but I can't find the source to that. Ages ago I thought I saw him post an example of 4 way scrolling but Google and forum searches don't come up with anything..

Am I just out of my gourd again? Does such an example/source for 4 way scrolling exist?

Many thanks! That appears to be the example. Although in the newest BB the player car seems offset from the map.

I guess this is an opportunity to learn and debug at the same time :)

I'm not see'n the Death race example in my Batari -> Samples folder. I mean, I guess zombie_chase.bas could qualify.. Not really 4 way scrolling as it seems to only adjust the distance of the zombie compared to the player.

Maybe you were talking about an example that's like Death Race for the NES? That had 4 way scrolling for sure. I'd eat a bucket of Natto to see that!

Edited by theloon

• 2 years later...

You ready for a blast from the past? I *think* I corrected Bataris RallyB demo for the latest version of bB. The cars still seem to get stuck in walls but that might have been in the original?

All the sprites x values had to be offset by -14. As well the set options section had to be rearranged.

RallyB.bas

Edited by theloon