IGNORED

"Masquerade"

davidcalgary29

I've looked on the web, and found that it was published by "American Eagle" Software in 1983. Strange, I thought it was an "Adventure International" title.

In any case, I remember seeing print ads listing "Masquerade" as being available for a number of platforms, including the Apple II. "Masquerade" was a graphic adventure in which you, as a P.I. attempted to solve a mystery in a small town (and in that town's building's such as a hotel, the "Bijoux" cinema, etc.

I was an adventure game junkie on my Apple II, and Masquerade was one of my favorites, mostly because I had a hard time solving it. I used to bug the local Babbages employees for hints every time I went to the mall. :) I'd love to run through that one again. Hmmm, time to search abandonware sites....

I don't know if it ever came out for Atari, but you can get the Apple II binary here:

http://www.retrosite.de/adventure/masquera...masquerade.html

That was a fun trip down memory lane. :) While digging for that I came across Lucifer's Realm also by Phoenix. I never could finish that one because my copy always crashed at the beginning of disk 2. Time to go fire it up...

Masquerade! I loved that game on my Apple IIe. I could never beat it though (I was only 6 or 7). I got as far as the zoo, but I couldn't figure out where to go next. I remember meeting a guy there and then I would always end up getting killed by one of the animals. I could also never get into the movie theater because I didnt have $5. I should look that game up and beat it sometime...

Tempest