Photo

Tossing Cookies: Attempt #2

2 replies to this topic

#1 atari2600land OFFLINE  

atari2600land

Channel F Viewer

• 11,570 posts

Posted Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 AM

I've been thinking about how people didn't like the game I made for the 2007 AA Holiday Cart. That was over two years ago, and I think I've learned enough stuff to make a more decent one. So I've been working on "Tossing Cookies 2," a sequel. There's only one level and background so far so it repeats over and over. Once the titlescreen kernel is ready, I bet I can make a more awesome title screen than the one I have now. In this version, you get 5 seconds of cookie collecting and 20 to catch the reindeer. So, what do you think so far?

Attached Files

#2 Gemintronic ONLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 9,290 posts

Posted Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:53 PM

Catching cookies and shooting Reindeer is a good, simple game premise. The only things I'd recommend is:

1. Use REFP0 and REFP1 to make the Reindeer and Santa turn left and right.
2. Instead of flickering the cookie you could use 2 missiles (one slightly taller and one slightly wider) to make a "roundish" cookie without flicker. You didn't provide source so I can't figure out if you're already using the missiles to block out the middle of the score. Hmmmn..

At the time Activision may have been a little prudish for never flickering their sprites but today yer audience is gonna have LCD panels that make flickering sprites, er, flicker!

Edited by theloon, Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:55 PM.

#3 cimmerian OFFLINE  

cimmerian

Moonsweeper

• 453 posts

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:05 PM

We'll be playing Tossing Cookies 2 on the ZeroPage Homebrew stream tonight on Twitch at 6PM PT/9PM ET! Hope everyone can tune in to watch us play!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

UPDATE! Link to VIDEO:

Edited by cimmerian, Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:48 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users