IGNORED

Unauthorized copies of ColecoVision homebrew games

opcode

A friend brought to my attention that someone is selling unauthorized copies of all my games on web. To my total surprise it seems to seller is no other than David Harley.

Now, perhaps some of you are familiar with David, his contributions to the Intellivision scene, etc. That makes it all very surprising that someone involved in the scene is selling someone else’s work without authorization, but the real shocker here is that David is the keeper of the Opcode Games website!!! Well, not anymore…

And he is selling ROM images of my games on his website. Actually he is selling images of almost every homebrew and commercial ColecoVision game out there (so other developers take action).

I would like to ask people here to not support him, please do not buy from David or you are going to jeopardize the scene.

Eduardo

• Like 6

A friend brought to my attention that someone is selling unauthorized copies of all my games on web. To my total surprise it seems to seller is no other than David Harley.

Now, perhaps some of you are familiar with David, his contributions to the Intellivision scene, etc. That makes it all very surprising that someone involved in the scene is selling someone else’s work without authorization, but the real shocker here is that David is the keeper of the Opcode Games website!!! Well, not anymore…

And he is selling ROM images of my games on his website. Actually he is selling images of almost every homebrew and commercial ColecoVision game out there (so other developers take action).

I would like to ask people here to not support him, please do not buy from David or you are going to jeopardize the scene.

Eduardo

What??!! :x

What is the adress of his website?

I suggest someone look up the company hosting his site (should be relatively easy to do) and then all authors send a DMCA notice to that company with specific details about what is being infringed, that you are the copyright owner, and specific links to pages and/or items with the infringing material. I'd do some digging on this myself but I am on an interstate right now (moving at 75mph) and don't have horribly reliable internet (especially in the mountains).

..Al

Send a DMCA notice to the company hosting his website, if they are in the US. They will then need to take the offending pages. David can then file a counter notice, but he then opens himself up to legal action by fraudulently doing so.

..Al

Thanks Al. Let's try the amicable way first. Actually I have already fired an email. If he doesn't reply or doesn't take the games out I will send the DMCA notice you suggested.

Eduardo

I suggest someone look up the company hosting his site (should be relatively easy to do) and then all authors send a DMCA notice to that company with specific details about what is being infringed, that you are the copyright owner, and specific links to pages and/or items with the infringing material. I'd do some digging on this myself but I am on an interstate right now (moving at 75mph) and don't have horribly reliable internet (especially in the mountains).

..Al

I hope you aren't typing while you drive because that can be very dangerous. :)

Send a DMCA notice to the company hosting his website, if they are in the US. They will then need to take the offending pages. David can then file a counter notice, but he then opens himself up to legal action by fraudulently doing so.

..Al

Thanks Al. Let's try the amicable way first. Actually I have already fired an email. If he doesn't reply or doesn't take the games out I will send the DMCA notice you suggested.

Eduardo

Email sent to him here too

He better remove all the homebrew roms :twisted:

I don't know much about DMCA, but I'll try to figure

I'm giving him 3 days to remove them, ...otherwise...

Yowzer! How did he get a hold of the Gulkave ROM??? It looks like an older version, from the screenshot...

If he's on my waiting list for any of my games, he's going to get bumped out of it faster than you can say "Gotcha!". :twisted:

Edited by Pixelboy
  • Like 1

Yowzer! How did he get a hold of the Gulkave ROM??? It looks like an older version, from the screenshot...

and if I remember it right, its not playable!

He send me cash yesterday because he "so much want" Pooyan

Well, ... now I understand why!

Are you going to return it?

I am not driving at the moment, someone else is.

..Al

I knew David has a very large collection of ROM images and was making a collection of screen shots from the emulators and manuals but I'm kind of surprised to see actual selling of ROM images going on.

I didn't really believe it at first since the home brew rom images are not listed on the web page, but the .txt list does include the home brew images on the list.

I believe he is the actual publisher for some Intellivision titles, which makes it doubly suprising. :?

Steve

Edit: Until this is resolved I removed the links he posted in my forum and I sent him an e-mail asking him to clarify if the home brew rom images were actually for sale.

I'd prefer to see this thread stay open but with the URLs removed, if someone is considering deleting it. I'd like to know the outcome.

Edited by classics

I think you are doing more advertising for him than something else here.

It would be better to have keept that for us (homebrew authors and publisher) and start legal action against him .

Now everybody reading this post, know he 's selling stolen homebrews and could be interrested.

I think you are doing more advertising for him than something else here.

It would be better to have keept that for us (homebrew authors and publisher) and start legal action against him .

Now everybody reading this post, know he 's selling stolen homebrews and could be interrested.

Al could deleted the link, so that it minimizes damage. Perhaps the whole thread should be deleted. Sorry this happened to all you hard working homebrewers.