#126 Sputnik2600 OFFLINE  

Sputnik2600

Space Invader

• 41 posts

Posted Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:48 PM

* Songbird Productions
- Mystery Jag Project #1
- Mystery Jag Project #2

What ever happen to Songbird Productions?  Do they have any more Jag game they plan to release or have they moved on to other projects?

#127 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 6,139 posts

Posted Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:54 PM

What ever happen to Songbird Productions?  Do they have any more Jag game they plan to release or have they moved on to other projects?

What? Carl's still around, and active on this board. I believe that Mystery Project #1 was already revealed. Can't remember if it was Total Carnage, Robinson's Requiem, or something else.

#128 Sputnik2600 OFFLINE  

Sputnik2600

Space Invader

• 41 posts

Posted Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:26 PM

What? Carl's still around, and active on this board. I believe that Mystery Project #1 was already revealed. Can't remember if it was Total Carnage, Robinson's Requiem, or something else.

Great!  I really support what Carl is doing and hope to see what's on the horizon for Jaguar releases.

#129 Atlantis OFFLINE  

Atlantis

Stargunner

• 1,028 posts

Posted Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:57 PM

Carl seems to be the silent guy who delivers first and talks after. Where I live we call the opposite "Much talk and little workshop"

Edited by Atlantis, Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:59 PM.

#130 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,830 posts

Posted Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:41 PM

http://songbird-productions.com/

#131 Granola OFFLINE  

Granola

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 PM

I want to learn Raptor Basic! And port STUN Runner to a Jaguar clear cart.. I'm pretty sure source is floating around too.

#132 WAVE 1 GAMES OFFLINE  

WAVE 1 GAMES

Stargunner

• 1,092 posts

Posted Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:28 PM

I want to learn Raptor Basic! And port STUN Runner to a Jaguar clear cart.. I'm pretty sure source is floating around too.

There are plenty of tutorials in the Jaguar Programing/rB+ threads here on AA! Most of them are written by ggn and he is usually very good about providing feedback and giving help. In addition several people who worked with developing rB+ can be found right here on the forums! This includes the guy who made the Raptor API. They are fun bunch and always willing to give words of encouragement and help out folks who need a hand getting started.

READ EVERYTHING

I recommend downloading the entire package you will need from the link in this thread http://atariage.com/...-basic-updates/Then get yourself a decent sound editing program. I use Audacity combined with the Switch sound converter for my sound needs. Remember to only use 8 bit signed sounds!

You will also need a good graphics editing program. I use a combination of Photoshop, Xnview and Game Maker to make most of my sprites, however there are tons of programs out there that can get the job done

you can find useful links to these tools here   http://atariage.com/...s-of-the-trade/

In addition if you ever get stumped feel free to reach out to one of the guys around here. They are ALWAYS willing to help and are very understanding in that it's a learning process and skill comes with practice.

Don't shoot for a STUN runner port right away, start with the tutorials, then build a simple game of your own first. This will help with the learning curve.

Feel free to reach out to me too, although I'm usually busy with all my projects I try to be good about responding too.

Good luck!

#133 Granola OFFLINE  

Granola

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:18 PM

Sweet. So much to learn. I will be posting any questions I have soon. I'm sure I will have plenty. Good thing I like to read.

#134 XC-3730C OFFLINE  

XC-3730C

Star Raider

• 89 posts

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:41 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but I just dug out my Jaguar and Jaguar CD after getting a Sony PVM-2530 recently.

I don't have a Skunkboard, and I know they probably will not be made anymore (the only hope is is I hope a future Everdrive), so what are my options for playing some Jaguar homebrew on my setup?

#135 neo_rg OFFLINE  

neo_rg

Moonsweeper

• 387 posts

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:13 PM

You only just missed a run of skunkboards, they are being made in small batches. You can still play some of the homebrew games using your Jaguar CD while waiting for the SD cart to arrive. There are quite a few threads on AA about burning stuff to CD just search and you will find...

#136 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,830 posts

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:18 PM

READ EVERYTHING

Lulz.

#137 UHATEIT OFFLINE  

UHATEIT

Dragonstomper

• 601 posts

Posted Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:59 PM

You only just missed a run of skunkboards, they are being made in small batches. You can still play some of the homebrew games using your Jaguar CD while waiting for the SD cart to arrive. There are quite a few threads on AA about burning stuff to CD just search and you will find...

I saw the skunk boards for sale. Are they hard to work with?

#138 LouLee7th OFFLINE  

LouLee7th

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Thu Sep 7, 2017 1:41 PM

So, I'm just getting back into Jaguar collecting, honestly, there are only 4 original games that I don't have, so I am interested in adding the Homebrew games to my collection.  Gaz and Piko Interactive have been great about their products, but I don't want to miss out on anything.  Is there a definitive homebrew LIST (not just what's here that has pending things on it) of what has been released (cartridge and CD) and who developed it?  Thank you very much for your help, I forgot how great of a community this was!

#139 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,755 posts

Posted Thu Sep 7, 2017 4:46 PM

I don't know of a comprehensive list of all homebrew releases. The first page of this topic has not been updated in a long time. I could update it, but I'm gonna need some help from the developers of the homebrews ; I haven't been keeping track of releases during the last few years.

#140 Trooper Galactus OFFLINE  

Trooper Galactus

Moonsweeper

• 375 posts

Posted Thu Sep 7, 2017 5:51 PM

I don't know of a comprehensive list of all homebrew releases. The first page of this topic has not been updated in a long time. I could update it, but I'm gonna need some help from the developers of the homebrews ; I haven't been keeping track of releases during the last few years.

I just put together an Excel spreadsheet listing absolutely everything for the Jaguar/Jag CD I have ever purchased, seen, heard of, or anticipated.  PM me and I can send you a copy and you can edit it as you see fit.  All told I list 137 titles thus far, but that includes a couple special editions (BS Gold, Protector) and Betas.

#141 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,693 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Thu Sep 7, 2017 6:00 PM

It was so much easier 15 years ago when all the big, active, mouthy devs produced feck all :)

#142 MightyFrog OFFLINE  

MightyFrog

Space Invader

• 22 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 1:44 AM

That pretty much just describes one developer from that generation, and yeah, I don't think we'll ever be seeing a playable Jaguar title from Dark Knight =D.

#143 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,693 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 2:10 AM

That pretty much just describes one developer from that generation, and yeah, I don't think we'll ever be seeing a playable Jaguar title from Dark Knight =D.

I think it's at least 3.

#144 PlaysWithWolves OFFLINE  

PlaysWithWolves

Stargunner

• 1,703 posts

Posted Sat Sep 9, 2017 5:25 AM

Mystery Jag Project #1 was Protector: Resurgence and MJP #2 was Robinson's Requiem

I think he most recently released a Soccer Kid / Frog Feast cart. He mentioned in his standalone FF cart thread he'd like to finally create his own game. But, I don't know the status on that.

#145 sh3-rg OFFLINE  

sh3-rg

River Patroller

• 3,397 posts
  • doge + tie = dothemath

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2018 6:29 AM

Three games in the works from bello games, threads in the rb+ forum:

Not sure what to do with any of them yet, there will be binaries of versions of these to play at some point, maybe timed with Atari parties or something. It'd be nice to have someone handle proper releases but not sure of all the possibilities these days. They could all be made CD-able at least, and I've handled those before, but I'd just rather not get hands-on with any of that ever again as it's a bind, not fun and a waste of time.

#146 Swansea_Mariner OFFLINE  

Swansea_Mariner

Chopper Commander

• 245 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:46 AM

They look amazing, maybe they could be distributed via AA store.

#147 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 911 posts
  • The key is in the skull.

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:57 AM

I don't browse the rb+ forum often, first time seeing blueknight \ whitehorse.. Those animations looks great, looking forward to seeing this more!

Edited by Stage_1_Boss, Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:57 AM.

#148 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 7,389 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:30 AM

I think they might work in a 'compilation' package, say a cart with a few mini-games.

#149 justclaws OFFLINE  

justclaws

Dragonstomper

• 939 posts
  • Underground but not dead.

Posted Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:05 AM

Browsing Ebay, I noticed a lot of homebrew software being sold on CD. Is this known?

This seems the most extreme, unless I am mistaken, or am I mistaken it's just a demo.
http://www.ebay.co.u...te/312082484541

I was surprised how extreme the Jaguar collecting market has become lately, as well...
Best wishes to all old and new developers!

#150 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,693 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:11 AM

Browsing Ebay, I noticed a lot of homebrew software being sold on CD. Is this known?

This seems the most extreme, unless I am mistaken, or am I mistaken it's just a demo.
http://www.ebay.co.u...te/312082484541

I was surprised how extreme the Jaguar collecting market has become lately, as well...
Best wishes to all old and new developers!

Mr Kizza/The Laird/Kieren Hawken/Epyx/General Scum Asshole

Between him and JaySmith its a wonder any binaries get released anymore.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users