137 replies to this topic

#1 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• 507 posts

Posted Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:08 PM

Starting from the beginning:

The transition has begun... on July 12th, 2010

The first rays of light shone over the mountains on the horizon as a new day began. It is coming... July 17th, 2010

Then

The feathers of the Phoenix were ruffled slightly, though it's true glory still shines through, flight is imminent... July 18th, 2010

Then today:

One wing stretched out, head cocked a little, the Phoenix looks out from it's place of slumber, a flight path has been chosen, soon it will take flight forever more... July 21st, 2010

A raw, guttural, caw escapes. The Phoenix has spoken, stretching in it's nest. The day is imminent... July 23rd, 2010

Those that have eyes, have seen. Those with ears, have listened. The journey begins this day... July 29th, 2010

After much mourning and fear, it lives, returning to traverse a journey no other has. The Phoenix prepares for flight... July 30th, 2010

That breeze you feel is the Phoenix in the air... August 7th, 2010

A second Phoenix has made itself known...Once enemies, to the end...Their path still unknown...What devastation will they rend? August 13th, 2010

#2 Chuck D. Head OFFLINE  

Chuck D. Head

River Patroller

• 3,196 posts
  • Mod Mod Mod

Posted Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 PM

Starting from the beginning:

The transition has begun... on July 12th, 2010

The first rays of light shone over the mountains on the horizon as a new day began. It is coming... July 17th, 2010

Then

The feathers of the Phoenix were ruffled slightly, though it's true glory still shines through, flight is imminent... July 18th, 2010

Then today:

One wing stretched out, head cocked a little, the Phoenix looks out from it's place of slumber, a flight path has been chosen, soon it will take flight forever more... July 21st, 2010

A raw, guttural, caw escapes. The Phoenix has spoken, stretching in it's nest. The day is imminent... July 23rd, 2010

Those that have eyes, have seen. Those with ears, have listened. The journey begins this day... July 29th, 2010

After much mourning and fear, it lives, returning to traverse a journey no other has. The Phoenix prepares for flight... July 30th, 2010

That breeze you feel is the Phoenix in the air... August 7th, 2010

A second Phoenix has made itself known...Once enemies, to the end...Their path still unknown...What devastation will they rend? August 13th, 2010

If this is some sort of reference to Atari being a phoenix and rising from the ashes again; well....it is truly an ugly, scrawny phoenix with most of it's feathers missing. If this is a teaser for a new homebrew version of Phoenix, the game, then I'm in.... Morgan

#3 jaybird3rd OFFLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 7,035 posts

Posted Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:10 PM

Huh?

#4 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 507 posts

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:54 AM

The original post is just catching everyone up on the situation.  It is a bit of promotion for a coming announcement that I am sure everyone will be interested in reading about.

#5 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 507 posts

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:57 PM

The time is nearing for when the Phoenix shall be revealed.

#6 mckafka99 OFFLINE  

mckafka99

Dragonstomper

• 552 posts

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 AM

Does this have anything to do with this: http://www.tsl-game.com/index.php

#7 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 507 posts

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:14 PM

Close, but no cigar.

#8 carmel_andrews OFFLINE  

carmel_andrews

Quadrunner

• 13,297 posts

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:44 AM

Perhaps triverse is replacing NB as a Board Director at the big A (if this is the case, please reverse atari's business model to that of a decent h/w company)

#9 OldSchoolRetroGamer OFFLINE  

OldSchoolRetroGamer

River Patroller

• 4,022 posts
  • Do you FEEL in charge?

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:06 PM

Wish this damn PHOENIX would hurry the hell up and rise so I can see what this is about!

#10 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 3,423 posts
  • http://ccg.podomatic.com

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:14 PM

Gabbo!

#11 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 507 posts

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:12 AM

Feather Stand Owl

#12 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 507 posts

Posted Sat Sep 4, 2010 11:16 PM

The team that is laying the groundwork for the Phoenix unveiling is being formed...

#13 Jibbajaba OFFLINE  

Jibbajaba

River Patroller

• 3,999 posts
  • Editor - Classic Gaming Quarterly

Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 12:06 AM

Dude, this is really getting stupid. Either spit it out or give it a rest until you have something of substance to announce.

Chris

#14 jaybird3rd OFFLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 7,035 posts

Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 2:15 AM

If all of this is some kind of code for "I'm resurrecting my old 2600 out of storage so I can play my Combat and Pac-Man cartridges again," I'll be really disappointed.

#15 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 507 posts

Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 8:11 AM

Jibba, read the posts, all of the information to make an educated guess as to what this is all about is there.  There have been several successful guesses.  Besides, there isn't much activity on this board anyhow, I figured a little bit of fun and, what I thought would stimulate, discussion posts would be welcome.

This is much more significant than bringing an old console out of the closet and playing it again.  Much bigger.

#16 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 3,423 posts
  • http://ccg.podomatic.com

Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 9:48 AM

Jibba, read the posts, all of the information to make an educated guess as to what this is all about is there.  There have been several successful guesses.  Besides, there isn't much activity on this board anyhow, I figured a little bit of fun and, what I thought would stimulate, discussion posts would be welcome.

This is much more significant than bringing an old console out of the closet and playing it again.  Much bigger.

It's rather annoying to see it on several forums, with zero substance. I also remember a cryptic "It's coming" thread on OOPA that went nowhere. And actually, there's way more activity on this board, as in atariage as a whole, compared to other gaming forums I've seen.

I don't believe it's more significant than bringing out an old console out of the closet and playing it again. At least that has substance & clarity to it.

#17 carmel_andrews OFFLINE  

carmel_andrews

Quadrunner

• 13,297 posts

Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 10:55 AM

Is Phoenix going to be the updated version of the VG and homegaming book of the same name

Or has triverse won the lottery/married a sugar daddy and is buying out Atari

#18 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 507 posts

Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 11:25 AM

It's rather annoying to see it on several forums, with zero substance. I also remember a cryptic "It's coming" thread on OOPA that went nowhere. And actually, there's way more activity on this board, as in atariage as a whole, compared to other gaming forums I've seen.

It is marketing.  Not all members of the few forums this is posted on are members of the other forums.  It is similar to seeing the same ad on different TV stations.

I was referencing this specific board in my comment about not much activity.  Yes, on the other boards, there is quite a bit of activity here, which is great.

The cryptic "It's coming" message was a play on Sega's advertising campaign "It's thinking" which was in reference to the first Dreamcast specific magazine (http://www.outofprin...-uk/DC-UK2.html) to be made available at OoPA which was released on January 1st, 2010.  The mistake with that campaign was probably in that A) it was not specifically credited to the DC issue and B) apparently no one noticed anyhow.

Carmel, the name Phoenix was simply chosen due to the nature of the situation.  It was a fitting simile for what is being built up to.

#19 OldSchoolRetroGamer OFFLINE  

OldSchoolRetroGamer

River Patroller

• 4,022 posts
  • Do you FEEL in charge?

Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 3:21 PM

Blah blah blah, it's annoying period, just tell us what the hell it is. :roll:

#20 mlippart OFFLINE  

mlippart

Moonsweeper

• 281 posts

Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 6:22 PM

Blah blah blah, it's annoying period, just tell us what the hell it is. :roll:

It had better be the completion of the NES Rom Maker.

:roll:

#21 Critical Failure OFFLINE  

Critical Failure

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:21 PM

If all of this is some kind of code for "I'm resurrecting my old 2600 out of storage so I can play my Combat and Pac-Man cartridges again," I'll be really disappointed.

Triverse is moving to Arizona.

#22 badinsults OFFLINE  

badinsults

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:08 AM

I'm pretty sure that triverse has made some agreement to scan some major game magazines (ie EGM) and make them freely available. Though I don't know why he would beat around the bush about it.

#23 Chuck D. Head OFFLINE  

Chuck D. Head

River Patroller

• 3,196 posts
  • Mod Mod Mod

Posted Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:41 AM

Triverse is moving to Arizona.

That's perfect. I have often thought of moving to a compound in Arizona with my followers........

#24 OldSchoolRetroGamer OFFLINE  

OldSchoolRetroGamer

River Patroller

• 4,022 posts
  • Do you FEEL in charge?

Posted Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 PM

Posted Image

#25 yell0w_lantern OFFLINE  

yell0w_lantern

Dragonstomper

• 550 posts
  • We miss Miki.

Posted Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:07 AM

I had a Phoenix once... then I realized that it was lame and the Shapeshifter was way better so I switched to the Dark army.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users