Photo

Forum Upgrade coming soon! Some details here...

85 replies to this topic

#76 yuppicide OFFLINE  

yuppicide

I am the Black Knight. Give me your money!

• 6,933 posts

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:58 PM

I wonder in the new version if we'll be able to see where we got our rep points from. Maybe I said something interesting or helpful that got me a bunch.

#77 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 30,720 posts

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:04 PM

I wonder in the new version if we'll be able to see where we got our rep points from. Maybe I said something interesting or helpful that got me a bunch.

The forum software itself has not changed as far as this goes, but Invision is going to make significant changes/improvements in version 3.2. It looks like they made add a "Like" system where you can say you "Like" a particular post, and then you can see everyone else who also likes that post. They have also stated they are going to beef up the reputation system, but it's not clear yet what's ultimately going to change.

There are various mods that add features to the reputation system and I will be investigating them.

..Al

#78 Nathan Strum ONLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 6,137 posts
  • Staying Frosty

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 PM

Will they give you the option of "disliking" a particular post? Seems to me there's just too much mindless positive reinforcement going on these days.

#79 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 30,720 posts

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:34 PM

Will they give you the option of "disliking" a particular post? Seems to me there's just too much mindless positive reinforcement going on these days.

The current reputation system allows you to "downvote" posts but I have that disabled as I don't think everyone is mature enough to use it as intended.. :ponder:

..Al

#80 Christophero Sly OFFLINE  

Christophero Sly

River Patroller

• 4,837 posts

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:48 PM

The current reputation system allows you to "downvote" posts but I have that disabled as I don't think everyone is mature enough to use it as intended.. :ponder:

..Al

Wise.

#81 Tr3vor OFFLINE  

Tr3vor

Stargunner

• 1,906 posts
  • AAARG!

Posted Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 AM

I wonder if this is why when I visit the site using my DSi I run into trouble.

It won't be long before you'll be able to put on a pair of PC glasses and browse the Internet on a giant virtual monitor and interact with it by waving your hands around like you're in the movie Minority Report.

3D PC HD Glasses....

#82 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

Games Developer

• 7,979 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 AM

Just disable it in the jag forum ;).

#83 Madaracs OFFLINE  

Madaracs

Dragonstomper

• 645 posts

Posted Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 PM

Any chance the mobile version will be getting a facelift soon?

#84 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 30,720 posts

Posted Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 PM

Any chance the mobile version will be getting a facelift soon?

Yes, it will be significantly improved over the current version.

..Al

#85 Random Terrain ONLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 25,262 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:01 PM

I wonder if this is why when I visit the site using my DSi I run into trouble.

It won't be long before you'll be able to put on a pair of PC glasses and browse the Internet on a giant virtual monitor and interact with it by waving your hands around like you're in the movie Minority Report.

3D PC HD Glasses....

You probably wouldn't want to use it on a bus or an airplane to avoid poking people in the eye.

#86 Paolo OFFLINE  

Paolo

Dragonstomper

• 901 posts

Posted Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 AM

little OT question: I can't seem to switch to the mobile skin "by force". Is there a specific URL to type? I'd really like to see it on Highwire and NetSurf (I already see it on my iPhone)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users