IGNORED

Score!

poker_plus

I had a chance to "buy low" on a couple games.

Galaga and Millipede (cocktail):

post-5384-12835323237_thumb.jpg post-5384-128353231514_thumb.jpg

The Galaga cab is weird. Has anyone seen one like this? It looks like it may be a custom job. All the electronics inside look new; certainly not 30 years old. The PCB inside is small...maybe 10"x10".

Edited by poker_plus

I had a chance to "buy low" on a couple games.

Galaga and Millipede (cocktail):

post-5384-12835323237_thumb.jpg post-5384-128353231514_thumb.jpg

The Galaga cab is weird. Has anyone seen one like this? It looks like it may be a custom job. All the electronics inside look new; certainly not 30 years old. The PCB inside is small...maybe 10"x10".

That definitely looks like a custom job. It may even be made from scratch but the cabinet design looks familiar. From the angle the pic was taken, it looks like "Midway" in the marquee is cut off. I had the same issue in putting a Galaga marquee in a Satan's Hollow cabinet. That would not have left the production facility looking like that.

I wouldn't rule out an arcade operator converting the cabinet either.

The monitor glass is missing and the one/two player buttons are not the typical color of yellow or white.

How old do you think the cabinet is? The color of the woodgrain is not typical of that era. Woodgrains were darker than that found in this cabinet.

Looking at the cabinet, the curved corners that lead up to the marquee are typical of Universal cabinets. However, the marquee is at an angle that is not typical of Universal cabinets.

It didn't take long for me to find the closest match. However, in the pictures I have found they look like a cabaret cabinet and what you have does not look the size of cabaret - you'll have to let us know.

With that, I would suspect that the cabinet may be made from scratch and modeled after the design in the links below.

Is their any type of markings inside the cabinet? Stickers on the monitor? Inspection stickers, tags etc? If they are absent, I definitely would say it's made from scratch.

http://www.madocowain.com/Arcade/Auction/02Mar2002/3row3_2.jpg

http://www.outerworldarcade.com/arcade/space_encounters/index.html

• 7 years later...

I had to dig up this very old thread......but I just saw this picture of Galaga cabaret during a internet search.

I actually built this game way back in 2004 ish. It started out as a golf game that died and I had the guts of a Galaga lying around. So I decided to build a Galaga cabaret the way I thgought it should be from the factory.

Not sure what board is in it now but it started as an original Galaga PCB.

Sold it back in 2005 ish and glad to see it was still around when this thread was made.

Where is it now?

Garry

(Friendswood, Texas)

• 8 months later...