IGNORED

ADAM Computer Rarity

SlowCoder

I'm in the midst of cleaning up my ADAM that's been in storage for 25 years. I haven't even plugged it in to see if it works. I'll let it be a surprise. :)

The system is nowhere near as prevalent on the internet for sale as others systems of the same era. I attribute that, at least in part, to its short production life.

I have no plans to sell it, but I am curious as to its value, should it work. Unfortunately at some point the controllers and games (carts and tapes) have all gone, so what will hopefully be left is the printer, CPU and keyboard with tape drive.

Anyone want to toss a bone on its rarity and approximate value?

I guess this is where hard-to-find and rarity have differences. Rarity also adds collector demand into the equation. I'm not sure if there is much. The one man I could think of that would know is the awesome developer newcoleco.

Disclaimer: Not saying the ADAM isn't 'bout it 'bout it. It's been in my DO WANT list since I was an early teen :P

Edited by theloon

The system is nowhere near as prevalent on the internet for sale as others systems of the same era. I attribute that, at least in part, to its short production life.

There aren't a huge number going around, mainly due to it having an extremely high defect rate. I think a lot of them simply got trashed. It isn't all that rare of a system.

BTW, there's a specific ColecoVision/ADAM forum, if you'd like to join in the conversation.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/115-colecovision-adam/

Great news (for me, anyway)! Finished cleaning and reassembling. It fired up first time turned on in 25 years, went to the word processor, and works like a champ! Happy camper! Now I just need to figure out what to do with it, but I've continued that foray in a new thread here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/168804-my-adam/