IGNORED

What games pushed the Inty back in the day?

GroovyBee

I have an idea or two for my first Inty homebrew game and I was wondering what games pushed the system back in the day. I'm particularly interested in games with multi-colour sprites, multi-frame sprite animations, scrolling, high numbers of colours on screen, detailed title pages etc. Were programming tricks like sprite flicker used (in the context of getting more sprites on screen than the system supported)?

For multidirectional scrolling, I'd check out Hover Force; for detailed title screens and other impressive feats (including very good music), I'd look at Thunder Castle.

BTW I believe that Mattel programmers were expressly forbidden to use flicker, as the absence of flicker was deemed (by Marketing?) to be one of the things that elevated the Inty over the VCS.

Edited by thegoldenband

For multidirectional scrolling, I'd check out Hover Force; for detailed title screens and other impressive feats (including very good music), I'd look at Thunder Castle.

Just checked Hover Force out on youtube. The scrolling and graphics are quite impressive.

I'm now pretty sure that my game ideas are doable :D.

Just checked Hover Force out on youtube. The scrolling and graphics are quite impressive.

I'm now pretty sure that my game ideas are doable :D.

i love you :ponder: :P

let me know if i can help at all!

Edited by revolutionika

Yes, the one game that was allowed to have flicker was He-Man cause it made sense for the fireballs to do so.

I always thought Commando pushed the system very nicely. It's really impressive to see how smooth and well it plays and how close to the aracade version. Almost as good as the NES version.

It wasn't the best playing game, but I was also amazed when I saw Pole Position for the system.

Also, the pool game -- the last release, can't recall the name right now -- is quite impressive also.

I think if it had been finished, Choplifter would have been fun to see.

i love you icon_ponder.gificon_razz.gif

icon_lol.gif Steady!

let me know if i can help at all!

Will do! However, I'm probably at least a month away from starting anything on the Inty.

Sounds great! Put me on the pre-order list Mark!icon_mrgreen.gif Seriously though, this is exciting news and I hope you'll be able to add to the INTV homebrew scene.

I think that Joe Z (intvnut here on AA) would be a great resource on the technical side....oh, and I love you too. icon_love.gif

Sounds great! Put me on the pre-order list Mark!icon_mrgreen.gif

:lol: You don't even know what it is yet.

Seriously though, this is exciting news and I hope you'll be able to add to the INTV homebrew scene.

I had hoped to get started earlier in the year but as always real life got in the way.

....oh, and I love you too. icon_love.gif

You Inty guys are seriously starved of homebrews :lol:.

:lol: You don't even know what it is yet.

Seriously though, this is exciting news and I hope you'll be able to add to the INTV homebrew scene.

I had hoped to get started earlier in the year but as always real life got in the way.

You Inty guys are seriously starved of homebrews :lol:.

and love.......:ponder:

icon_lol.gif You don't even know what it is yet.

You Inty guys are seriously starved of homebrews icon_lol.gif.

Ummm, "What's that...your new INTV homebrew is My Little Pony in Fairy Princess Land?...Sounds awesome. I'm in." icon_lust.gif

Sorry, what were you saying about starved for homebrews???icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by cmart604

I think that Joe Z (intvnut here on AA) would be a great resource on the technical side....

Indeed, I'm always glad to provide technical help. I'm also working on getting a cart design out there so that anyone can publish their games in physical format, as I have in the past w/ my previous titles.

I'll keep everyone posted.