IGNORED

Bad signal CV

Zoyx

I just fired up my CV for the first time in over a year, and it now has diagonal lines and snow. Any tips to fix this? I attached an Atari 7800 to the same TV, using the same video cable and RF adapter, and a much better picture. So the hookups don't seem to be the problem.

Should I just go straight to an A/V mod? If so, which is best?

Power switch may be the problem. I now remember when I first got this system 3 years ago, games weren't running properly. I opened it up, and sprayed control/contact cleaner/lub into the on/off switch, and that fixed things enough so it was playable. I should probably do a more permanent fix this time around.

Definitely a power issue. Sprayed the on/off switch like I did a few years back, and it is playable. Not ideal, but playable. Still should do the A/V mod and permanently fix the power issue.

The power switch needs to be desoldered from the board, dissembled and cleaned. As tightly concealed as the contacts are, I find it amazing that any contact cleaner could get inside the switch. I offer repair and mods. Send me an IM if your interested. There is a link in my signature to my Youtube video showing my mods.

Thanks for the replies. My Colecovision is working quite well now, so I will be slow in making any decision. In the "I'm a retard" dept. ... part of the problem was that I had a PC close to the TV/monitor, which was causing some interference. Move the computer, PRESTO! ... I now have a nearly perfect picture. I believe blasting the power switch helped a bit as well.

Edited by Zoyx

Definitely a power issue. Sprayed the on/off switch like I did a few years back, and it is playable. Not ideal, but playable. Still should do the A/V mod and permanently fix the power issue.

The power switch needs to be desoldered from the board, dissembled and cleaned. As tightly concealed as the contacts are, I find it amazing that any contact cleaner could get inside the switch. I offer repair and mods. Send me an IM if your interested. There is a link in my signature to my Youtube video showing my mods.

I believe what your saying 100%. If mine gives me trouble again I will take your advise and disassemble the switch.

However a guy from work gave me a Colecovision he had in his attic for many years. The power switch didnt work so i took the system apart, removed the board and sprayed the hell out of the switch with Tuner cleaner from Radio Shack.

Its been working well for a couple years now. Only thing I hate about that spray is that its so greasy. If you have any over-spray its hard to clean up.