IGNORED

trying to get an intellivision emulator to work.

Tr3vor

i've tried some nostalgia thing and bliss.

OK. Without more information about the problem(s) you are experiencing its going to be hard to help you. What errors are you seeing? Where have you installed them? What ROMs are you trying?

the one I had the most luck with was Nostalgia. I can get all the homebrew games included with it, like 4tris to work, I just can't get the old intellivision games to work, like snafu, night stalker, etc. when I try to start those games, it just shows a black screen while doing nothing untill i press esc then it goes back to the menu.

I don't have any personal experience of using Nostalgia because its missing the DX9 DLLs on my dev PC. Did you acquire grom.bin and exec.bin? I think Nostalgia uses its own mini versions of them hence the reason why the homebrew games are working and the legacy games aren't.

I don't know about grom.bin. I'll have to look for that one later, then I'll try it out.

i've tried some nostalgia thing and bliss.

OK. Without more information about the problem(s) you are experiencing its going to be hard to help you. What errors are you seeing? Where have you installed them? What ROMs are you trying?

the one I had the most luck with was Nostalgia. I can get all the homebrew games included with it, like 4tris to work, I just can't get the old intellivision games to work, like snafu, night stalker, etc. when I try to start those games, it just shows a black screen while doing nothing untill i press esc then it goes back to the menu.

You'll need to go get the official EXEC and GROM files (exec.bin and grom.bin) in order to play the original games. I forget how you point Nostalgia to them; I think it may be in one of the menus.

The "mini" versions are there to allow Nostalgia to play the homebrews and have something that works "out of the box." All of the original games rely on the original EXEC/GROM to varying degrees.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was screwing around with MESS and I was able to get all the old 80's systems to work except the Inty. Kept saying I was missing some file. I got a collection of "bios" files for MESS and all of them work for the various systems, except that one. I eventually just gave up.

Keep looking. Google "MESS Bios files".

For the longest time I have hated MESS, I didn't want anything to do with it. Recently I gave in and tried another shot with it for systems that are sort of neglected in the Windows emu scene, and it's easily the best Intellivision emulator out there.