IGNORED

CF7 Questions

Tempest

Ok I finally got my TI99 out of my basement and up into my game room (again), hopefully it will be more permanent this time around. Anyway I want to start playing around with my CF7, but I have some questions and now that a few members here have theirs as well I think people will be able to answer these easily:

1. Is there any reason to have a real PEB hooked up as well (not at the same time obviously)? Is there anything that the PEB can do that the CF7 can't other than make a lot of noise and run Pascal?

2. Have all of the prototype games been converted to disk format so they can run on the CF7? In particular I'm looking for Robotron, Lasso, Mission X, Astro Fighter, Lobster Bay, and Ant Colony.

3. Have most of the rarer games been converted to disk format now? I'd like to play things like Arcturus, Espial, Topper, Schnoz-Ola, Midnight Mason, and Night Mission.

4. Is there a tutorial for using this thing? I thought someone here had posted one but I can't find it.

Tempest

1. Is there any reason to have a real PEB hooked up as well (not at the same time obviously)? Is there anything that the PEB can do that the CF7 can't other than make a lot of noise and run Pascal?

If you have to interact with older media like floppy disks, a PE Box will still be needed. So a CF Reader is of little use for software porting to the PC; you'll need RS232 or floppy drives to manage that.

Case in point, though, I currently have my TI in my closet, but I left my PE Box in "long-term storage", aka Mom and Dad's. :)

Adamantyr

Ok I finally got my TI99 out of my basement and up into my game room (again), hopefully it will be more permanent this time around. Anyway I want to start playing around with my CF7, but I have some questions and now that a few members here have theirs as well I think people will be able to answer these easily:

2. Have all of the prototype games been converted to disk format so they can run on the CF7? In particular I'm looking for Robotron, Lasso, Mission X, Astro Fighter, Lobster Bay, and Ant Colony.

3. Have most of the rarer games been converted to disk format now? I'd like to play things like Arcturus, Espial, Topper, Schnoz-Ola, Midnight Mason, and Night Mission.

4. Is there a tutorial for using this thing? I thought someone here had posted one but I can't find it.

Tempest

1. hmmm, not really :)

2. Lasso only exists in disk format, so does Lobster Bay. Lobster Bay was built from the source code that appeared about 2 years ago.

3. I know most of them only from the disk version (Arcturus, Espial, Topper, Midnight Mason). Night Mission is an Extended Basic game.

4. Unfortunately not. However, it's use is pretty easy. You might want to use TI99Dir on the PC side though. It's a TI file image manager in the style of Norton Commander. It's available in the Development Resources sticky thread.