IGNORED

HSC Season 3: Halloween Tournament

VectorGamer

5 members have voted

1. 1. Select TWO from the 4 games below to fill the final two spots in the Halloween Tourney (see post #14 in this thread)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Even though Donkey Kong 3 is my favorite, I'll sit this one out. The medium level is something that can be found only on MAME, and the actual arcade game. I don't have either, and my only alternative is Ultracade. No problems though, I think my AtariAge record is safe! :D :cool:

Do you have a few tips to share?

Do you have some sort of patern on each screen?

Do you keep the superspray for a specific level?

Do you sometime lost a life just to get the superspray?

Do you make a maximum number of points by killing the bugs or you complet the levels as fast as possible?

Or anything else you would like to share?

I probably played 100 games and my best so far is 104k...that was in another contest.

Thanks Mister Plow.

OK, since you asked, I did make Youtube video's of one of my games, and I go over the tactics, so you will have a visual reference.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

OK, if you did not watch the video here are some points.

1. Don't shoot the worms on the orange stage where there is only one insect.

2. Donkey Kong locks in his aim at you right before he throws the coconut, so you will have to move your man right before he throws the coconuts.

3. On the blue, and black/gray board levels you are better off trying to shoot all the bugs instead of shooting Donkey Kong all the way up the ropes.

4. When using the Super spray, be sure to use it to start using it as soon as you get the chance to use it. If you get the Super spray on the Orange or Blue level be aware that it is extremely difficult to shoot him all the way up on the Black/Gray level. You won't have enough spray, and the bugs will most likely kill you if you try to get him all the way up on with half empty spray.

5. When firing at the bugs, don't jump and shoot. Just shoot, the spray goes farther than you would imagine. When you jump, and shoot, you can't get out of the way of the stingers because you are in mid air.

6. With the blue side sweepers be sure to let them be locked in before you jump out of the way. With the faster red sweepers jump out of the way as quickly as possible once they have reached your level.

Well I hope that helps. :)

A little better at Black Widow :) :cool:

Nice.

That will be difficulte to beat.

I probably played 50 games to beat your previsous scrore...I'll give it a shot later.

Are you using 2 joysticks or the keyboard?

Edited by patbb

A little better at Black Widow :) :cool:

Nice.

That will be difficulte to beat.

I probably played 50 games to beat your previsous scrore...I'll give it a shot later.

Are you using 2 joysticks or the keyboard?

I'm using one controller, the direction pad to move and the 4 fire buttons to fire.