IGNORED

MAME games with a Horror, monster or Gothic theme?

OK, I know the obvious ones, I am working on a video project and I want to compile a lit of MAME arcade games that have a Horror or Monsters and Gothic theme and feel to theme. OK there are the obvious ones like Splatter House and Ghost n Goblins etc, PLEASE help anyone who can come up with others, kudos and bonus points for lesser known and obscure titles that fit the category! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL PARTICIPANTS!

I think Tecmo Knight / Wild Fang had a pretty horrific intro for the time. And a lot of the action is you fighting monsters by basically clawing at their bloody heads until it pops off. :lol:

I remember I happened to be in an arcade in Sydney Australia vacationing before college when I first saw it and was like.. w.. t.. f :ponder:

post-31-12850447932_thumb.pngpost-31-128504479834_thumb.pngpost-31-128504480349_thumb.png

post-31-128504480658_thumb.pngpost-31-128504481085_thumb.pngpost-31-128504481398_thumb.png

Haunted Castle. I'm sure you already had this one on the list. ;)

post-24675-12850584006_thumb.jpg

Devil World by Konami (similar to gauntlet, but late '80s visuals and a horror theme)

post-24675-128505838363_thumb.jpg

Demon World (also known as Horror Story, I believe) by Toaplan, a side-scrolling shooter (Contra and GnG-esque, I suppose). It has all sorts of monsters, like Frankenstein, various demons, and a Friday the 13th Jason knock-off. This screenshot isn't showing much, but check it out yourself, it's a great game. :)

post-24675-128505839116_thumb.jpg

I can't think of any others off the top of my head other than the obvious (Altered Beast, Chiller, Splatterhouse, etc. etc.)..

Maybe Death Smiles? A gothic-themed 2007 Cave shoot-em-up.

Lots of shooters have horrific elements, but usually more alien/organic

than gothic in theme. Try X Multiply for an example.

The Aliens game is kind of horror-themed.

All of the Ghosts & Goblins games have a horror/gothic influence.

Also the Darkstalkers/Vampire series.