ESCAPE! Your mind throbs... trapped in the Room of Doom, with fiendish gunmen trying to annihilate you. Shots come from secret portholes that mysteriously open and close. Watch out! the gunmen have unleashed a hydra-headed monster; it relentlessly pursues you. Don't panic! Your marksmanship can stun it, but only for a moment. Should you remain in the Room of Doom too long, the monster becomes invulnerable to your bullets.
Dodge the gunmen's firepower; shoot them in return when the secret portholes open, and then escape! ... but where? The next Room of Doom awats. An even more diabolical chamber with rapid-fire gunmen and devious monsters trying to destroy you.
Can you survive through the full gauntlet of rooms and escape unscathed?
<div class='maintitle'>Game Information</div><div class='borderwrap'><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td>
- Game Name: Room of Doom
- Released By: CommaVid, 1982
- Left Difficulty: B / Novice - Start at Room 1
- Right Difficulty: B / Novice - Start at Room 1
- Game Mode: Game 1
<div class='maintitle'>Challenges</div><div class='borderwrap'><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td>
- Your Own Room of Doom - Post a picture of your own game room (or even just your Atari collection and setup) and you'll get 1 bonus point (please post a picture and don't just link to an imagebucket account).
- Miss 2600
<table class='ipbtable'><tr><td><div class='maintitle'>Current High Scores</div><div class="borderwrap"><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td width='100%'>
- GOOD GAME (oyamafamily) [+11]
GOOD GAME (Deteacher) [+11]
GOOD GAME (toymailman) [+11]
- 27,375 (JacobZu7zu7) [+10]
- 26,525 (Scrabber15) [+9]
- 19,875 (SeaGtGruff) [+8]
- 17,375 (zylon) [+7]
- 17,075 (keilbaca) [+6]
- 9325 (roadrunner) [+5]
- 1525 (doctorclu) [+4]
<div class='maintitle'>Best Tips</div><div class="borderwrap"><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td>JacobZu7zu7 [+2]</td></tr></table></div>
<div class='maintitle'>TwinGalaxies Top 3</div><div class="borderwrap"><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='darkrow2'><td>(Game 1, Difficulty B)</td></tr><tr class='row2'><td>
- 40,200 (Robert T Mruczek)
- 32,725 (David B Yancey)
- toymailman 
- Scrabber15 
- JacobZu7zu7 
- Deteacher 
- Jifremok 
- oyamafamily 
- zylon 
- roadrunner 
- ClassicGMR 
- keilbaca 
- LarcenTyler 
- HatefulGravey 
- pis 
- Chuck D. Head 
- Miss 2600 
- Pioneer4x4 
- Zoyx 
- MrJimbo 
- satan165 
- Mister VCS 
- 4Ks 
- SeaGtGruff 
- doctorclu 
- ed1475 
- pacmanplayer 
- Austin 
- rmaerz 
- littleman jack 
- MIKE5200 
<div class='maintitle'>Scoring Points in Room of Doom</div><div class='borderwrap'><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td>
- Shoot a Gunman - 75 points
- Shoot the Monster - 50 points
<div class='maintitle'>Hints and Tips</div>
As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have the manual, Atarimania has a scanned copy online for your viewing pleasure. Unfortunately, the manual doesn't offer any specific hints.
Here's my tip: You have LOTS of time in the earlier levels. You can milk shooting the monster that chases you in the early levels until time runs to about 5 seconds left on the top. You get no bonus points for completing a level based on time, so milk that monster.
- Always shoot down the floating monsters... they are worth points and also it helps get them out of your way, before they close in on you.
- In early rounds before (room 10) you can stay pretty close to the wall and shoot straight ahead at your targets, make sure you are lined up properly just BELOW or level to the gunmen... so that your bullets go through the opening... this will hit the gunmen and sometimes, before he can even get a shot out at you!
- The sparklers in the room are tricky you don't wanna hit them, so more often stand in between them and not above or below them, you can arrange your firing angles more easily this way.
- In later stages, (room 10 and up) the speed of the gunmen's fire goes up considerably, so a good strategy is to stay against the wall (yes you can touch the walls) and wait for a door to open, and when it does, make sure you are situated on an angle... and fire away (after) the gunmen has shot his bullet! you probably may have to adjust your position slightly.
- Sneak attacks near the wall, work best when the game is too fast to move from the gunmen's bullets. This starts to accor around room 10, or when you hit about 10ks, so be prepared to change techniques around that time.
-To do these sneak attacks, you should stand on the RIGHT side of where the door is opening. If you are at the left, by the time you have the door open, you wont be able to get the range you need, so always be to the right of where the door opening, then SHOOT quickly!