IGNORED

Intellivision Controllers Are Not Ergonomic

Here's a brain teaser: Can anyone suggest how to hold an Inty II controller so the sharp edge of the back does not hit the finger? I played the dang thing for half an hour with the stupid sharp plastic edge on the back kept hitting my finger and it hurt while I did it.

Maybe those adhesive rubber pads you find at a hardware store might help if strategically placed. You know, the kind you affix things to, to prevent it from skidding or to protect whatever it is you're setting it on...

I have an INTV II on the way, so looks like I've got something else to look forward to. lol

Edited by save2600

Here's a brain teaser: Can anyone suggest how to hold an Inty II controller so the sharp edge of the back does not hit the finger? I played the dang thing for half an hour with the stupid sharp plastic edge on the back kept hitting my finger and it hurt while I did it.

I'm thinking that some sort of rubber gasket around the indent. Or maybe I'll repurpose one of my wife's ponytail holders - it seems to be the right thickness.

I'm thinking that some sort of rubber gasket around the indent. Or maybe I'll repurpose one of my wife's ponytail holders - it seems to be the right thickness.

I've always held the controller in the palm of my left hand. My left thumb would then be able to press either top or bottom side button on the left side of the controller while my pointer finger and middle finger on my left hand would be used for the top or bottom side buttons on the right side of the controller. My thumb on my right hand would operate the disc and my thumb/fingers from my right hand would be used for the number pad. Make sense? This is how I've held the controller since 1984.

Edited by mr_intv